Windows 10: Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

Discus and support Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andy B125, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Andy B125 Win User

Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine yesterday, so has an update been installed and adversely affected my PC ? Something to do with this perhaps "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" .. how do I get my badges back ? Thanks

:)

Andy B125, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

What are Taskbar Badges

Hello JJG10, Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10 :)

The tutorial below can help give you more details about taskbar button badges. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock app’s badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather app’s badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 10, 2022
  3. 14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In the build 14328, the Taskbar badging option is by default. You need to pin the apps on the taskbar and once you get any email or alarm is set then you will get this Taskbar badging notification.

I suggest you to refer to the below article and go through the section “Taskbar Badging for UWP apps”
    and check if it helps.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

Mail for Windows 10 notification on taskbar

This setting refers to the Badges on your taskbar. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Open Windows 10 Settings and click on Personalization.
    • Once here, click on Taskbar in the left panel, and scroll down a bit until you see
      Show badges on taskbar buttons.
    • To enable showing of these badges, toggle the button to the ON
      position. But remember this will not work if you have enabled
      Small taskbar buttons

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

1. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Missing Taskbar Badges

2. Missing PL 300 certificate badge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing PL 300 certificate badge: Missing PL 300 certificate badge* Moved from 365 Insider/Access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pl-300-certificate-badge/92d9272c-8e99-4f2e-9574-6f20876d8e21
  3. Missing PL 300 certificate badge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing PL 300 certificate badge: Missing PL 300 certificate badge* Moved from 365 Insider/Access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pl-300-certificate-badge/92d9272c-8e99-4f2e-9574-6f20876d8e21
  4. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  5. Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Taskbar Badges Windows 10: Having turned my PC on and allowing for it to boot-up, I notice that all of my "taskbar badges" have disappeared. i.e. they are no longer displayed. The only things displayed in the task bar are: The START button, Task View, Digital clock and the dd/mm/yyyy. It was fine...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed: Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004. What else...
  7. Windows Security App icons' badges are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security App icons' badges are missing: Hi there, Every time I do a fresh install of Windows 10, after a few hours the badges of the icons in Windows Security app disappear and get replaced by the generic rectangle that shows when you don't have installed a specific font in a document. Is there a way to fix it?...
  8. Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar: I recently changed my taskbar layout and switched to small icons to get more screen real estate. Problem is, while in small mode, icons don't display badges anymore (like unread count for Discord or email apps for example). I've been looking around but can't find any way to...
  9. What are Taskbar Badges

in Windows 10 Support
    What are Taskbar Badges: In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile. Will someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 75582
  10. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...