Windows 10: Missing text on display

Discus and support Missing text on display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some time now, I've been having a problem which affects certain web pages and emails when displayed on my desktop monitor. A large part of the text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterOReilly, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Missing text on display

For some time now, I've been having a problem which affects certain web pages and emails when displayed on my desktop monitor. A large part of the text is missing, and just appears as blank white space.

See examples here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acm75rme7j4sl9q/AAAoOftcmUCXqVn90SP_jufna?dl=0

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

:)

PeterOReilly, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Text not Displaying properly in application

Hi,

It seems that you're having problems regarding your text display on your Windows 10 computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the problem?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Missing text on display

Start menu bug/Text goes missing.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with start menu bug and the text goes missing from the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility, that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Missing text on display

1. Missing text on display - Similar Threads - Missing text display

2. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  3. Missing text/font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing text/font: HiI'm having a problem where the fonts and text is gone, I can see some text in my desktop area, start menu, administrator popup etc ,but no text when navigating thru Windows explorer and in some apps. I can only see icons. Some apps like PowerShell, apps that run cmd on...
  4. Some text not displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  5. Missing text everywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing text everywhere: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zbyrte0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff51f64430ca5cc292b972466a5a19ec813913bd https://preview.redd.it/8jt67g0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=094a698c7f904de7790e5c35ed14dbcab84d5995 fix i tried but didnt work:...
  6. Missing Text

Missing Text: When I access my files, no text appears to identify the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/44f300bb-1978-4ff9-9c2a-bde30771c787
  7. Missing Text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Text.: Hi, recently i deleted a huge amount of files in my one drive, and now most of the text in applications like Steam, File Explorer, dont have text, Anyone know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/10cf4112-64f7-4da9-821b-50dc406d7241
  8. Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden

Text Missing/ displaying incorrectly all of a sudden: I have an issue on my laptop with text displaying incorrectly. It has happened all of a sudden and across multiple browsers and other software. The text looks as though pieces of individual letters are missing, occasionally they snap back into focus if I hover my mouse over...
  9. Displays no text

Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...
  10. Display Text Not Clear

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Not Clear: My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly....