Windows 10: Missing the default audio setting that I need to record.

Discus and support Missing the default audio setting that I need to record. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was troubleshooting something else for my audio recording program. Just had audio dropouts and pitch distortion while recording over an mp3 track.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WhisperHz, Jan 18, 2021.

1. WhisperHz Win User

Missing the default audio setting that I need to record.

I was troubleshooting something else for my audio recording program. Just had audio dropouts and pitch distortion while recording over an mp3 track. Other than that, my recording was flawless alone. I tried switching my recording device from it's default "24 bit, 44100HZ studio quality" to "16 bit, 44100HZ CD quality" to see if it made a difference.

I assumed the setting wouldn't just disappear after I switched it. This setting completely ruined anything that came through, so I simply went to switch it back to normal. The studio quality setting is now gone, and it only lets me choose between CD quality and DVD quality.

This presented me with an entirely new and much worse problem, as my audio recording was flawless before.Is there a way to manually switch it back to the studio quality 24 bit without the advanced settings in the sound control panel?

Current failed solutions:

Unplugging and restarting device.

Updating device drivers.

Restore defaults to device.

:)

WhisperHz, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Missing the default audio setting that I need to record. - Similar Threads - Missing default audio

2. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  3. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  4. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  5. audio missing from my recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio missing from my recording: Hi there. I just installed Window 10. I have my stereo system connected to the computer through the line-in jack. When I play my music from my stereo, I can listen to it through my headphone. After installing Window 10, I cannot hear it anymore. I checked my settings...
  6. Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Recording Devices setting missing.: Greetings, I was looking for the volume input control for my recently added microphone and realised (after some searching online) that I no longer have the Recording Devices option when right-clicking my volume icon. Nor do I find it anywhere else. I have uninstalled and...
  7. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working: Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/audio-recording-settings-microphone-settings-on/2e9883fa-6caa-4dab-965b-9d035c6b4faf
  8. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working: Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/audio-recording-settings-microphone-settings-on/1efa3c75-f2a4-4661-90da-26fdbaaa1457
  9. Setting default audio playback

Setting default audio playback: I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem: This issue is almost always solved by changing the default audio playback to be DVD quality. 1. Navigate to Control Panel -->...
  10. strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings

strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings: hello, since ive installed windows 10 on my macbook, ive had a few driver problems. one really annoying one is sound. it works but the options in playback devices are missing such as the enhancements. i use speaker fill but the option is completely missing... my driver is a...