Windows 10: Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Discus and support Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by std::sstream, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from the taskbar. Some posts suggested restarting the network setting, so I did and then restart the laptop--but it didn't work. Then within a minute, a third-party antivirus software (I have been trusting for like 10 yr) said that windows have some critical updates I need to install, so I installed those (I have installed updates before, and those didn't cause any issue). However, I still couldn't see the wifi icon.

Some posts said that this issue is related to windows update, but I have this issue before the update, so I don't know what is really causing the problem. The good thing is that when I turn on the laptop, on the login screen, I can still see the wifi icon on the bottom left corner and can still connect to wifi there. It's just that when I really get into the system, that icon still doesn't show in the taskbar and it's super inconvenient.

I have tried the solutions mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.../a4064888-b2c9-4235-a713-ed0fd8666e65?page=11. Restarting the windows explorer didn't help at all, but I did see something different in the Notification Area method:

I can still see the Network icon in the "Turn system icon on or off", but it's locked (locked to On, but I don't think it should be locked)

Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar a2c85ec2-fb1c-4d63-a48c-c7fc29470ff5?upload=true.png

Then when I went back to "Select which icons appear on the taskbar," I couldn't see the Network icon at all (as most posts instructed, if you can turn that icon on here, it should solve the problem).

Could someone help me out on this problem? It's really frustrating. I appreciate any help from you.

:)

std::sstream, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Wifi icon missing from taskbar.

Hi,

We would like to know more about this issue with the WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried connecting to the internet using an Ethernet?

In the meantime, you can refer to the posts that have been marked as an answer on this
    thread.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

1. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar - Similar Threads - Missing Wifi icon

2. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  3. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  4. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  6. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  7. Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings: This morning when I turned on my laptop, I realized not only I'm not connected to WiFi, but its icon is missing from my taskbar altogether.I thought my wife connection has been disabled but when I went to "control panel\network and internet\network connections" I saw no wifi...
  8. Wifi connection is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection is missing from taskbar: I am not able to connect with my wifi but I can connect other device to wifi but laptop with windows 10 i can't connect with wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-is-missing-from-taskbar/21f818a9-7353-4447-be4e-7e3379f8bb5a
  9. Program icons missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  10. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...