Windows 10: Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

Discus and support Missing "This PC" text from the Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, Recently I have discovered that the text "This PC" is missing from the My Computer icon. But for this, rest of the icons on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manoj Varma, May 6, 2020.

1. Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

Dear Microsoft Team,

Recently I have discovered that the text "This PC" is missing from the My Computer icon. But for this, rest of the icons on the desktop have text associated with it. I'm not sure if it happened after some windows update or due to some malware/virus. I have ran full virus scan on the system and it yield nothing.

I have tried running SCF/scannow though command prompt as administrator in both normal and safe mode but the problem still persists.

Request you to let me know possible cause and solution to this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj

:)

Manoj Varma, May 6, 2020

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, May 6, 2020
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, May 6, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

Missing Desktop Icon Text

if they're unclickable...

are you sure someone didn't just get on your PC, name them all blank and put your desktop background as a screenshot of that?

you know, so the icons aren't even there, its just an image?

Mussels, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

1. Missing "This PC" text from the Icon - Similar Threads - Missing text Icon

2. This PC icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC icon missing: I have a weird one. My "This PC" icon is present on the desktop, but missing in the desktop folder. This makes it kinda frustrating when using the file explorer. Anyone know how to fix this one? My This PC icon is named system...
  3. This PC icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC icon missing: I have a weird one. My "This PC" icon is present on the desktop, but missing in the desktop folder. This makes it kinda frustrating when using the file explorer. Anyone know how to fix this one? My This PC icon is named system...
  4. the icon This PC is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the icon This PC is missing: the icon This PC is missing, how do i replace it.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-this-pc-is-missing/3eb65e2a-02d2-4911-a50e-56e2d2650d92
  5. Missing Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Text: When I access my files, no text appears to identify the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/44f300bb-1978-4ff9-9c2a-bde30771c787
  6. Missing Text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Text.: Hi, recently i deleted a huge amount of files in my one drive, and now most of the text in applications like Steam, File Explorer, dont have text, Anyone know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/10cf4112-64f7-4da9-821b-50dc406d7241
  7. Text in cmd and windows icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in cmd and windows icons missing: Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont have an cmd text and i cant see an windows icons [img] [img] 131749
  8. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  9. Texting from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Texting from PC: If I don't want a message saved anywhere, and delete it from the phone, and it is stored in the archive anyway, how do I then delete text messages from the archive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/texting-from-pc/c4cce3b9-e584-41a3-bacf-fbca0a896aff
  10. Icons missing (But program text remains)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing (But program text remains): [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When...