Windows 10: missing thumbnails

Discus and support missing thumbnails in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xrazor77, May 19, 2020.

1. missing thumbnails

missing thumbnails jdD0EjaaSIenLxCaVqkJN5pTf6LiHkaiNgv4a3YvPhQ.jpg

I need HELP.

I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips.

4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files.

I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all thumbnails." Also tried "clean up disk" and still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP

submitted by /u/xrazor77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xrazor77, May 19, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 19, 2020
  3. Missing Thumbnails and icon loss in the taskbar

Hi Ian,

It's really odd that the thumbnails and icons went missing without any changes made on the computer. There could be an update that causes it, or a 3rd party application can also be the culprit. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolate
    your concern. We would like to know the what happened when you run the scan disk. We also suggest that you list down the commands that you've run in the command prompt.

In the meantime, you may want to perform a clean boot by following the steps in this
    article. It is for your computer to start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs that
    may be causing the issue. The steps are at the bottom of the page, simply click the version of Windows you're using. You can also try to manually re-add the icons on the taskbar by searching in start menu.

Carlos Tin, May 19, 2020
  4. missing thumbnails

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

missing thumbnails

1. missing thumbnails - Similar Threads - missing thumbnails

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. [SOLVED] Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

[SOLVED] Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10: As you can see thumbnails for apps like settings, photos and more all have this blank image thumbnail instead of their actual logo. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-missing-thumbnails-for-system-apps-windows/5a1e05cb-0c59-478c-bbfc-b6e2979f2a03
  6. Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10: As you can see thumbnails for apps like settings, photos and more all have this blank image thumbnail instead of their actual logo. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-for-system-apps-windows-10/5a1e05cb-0c59-478c-bbfc-b6e2979f2a03
  7. Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10: As you can see thumbnails for apps like settings, photos and more all have this blank image thumbnail instead of their actual logo. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-for-system-apps-windows-10/5a1e05cb-0c59-478c-bbfc-b6e2979f2a03
  8. Missing thumbnails for system apps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. All file thumbnails suddenly went missing on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All file thumbnails suddenly went missing on Windows 10.: As per title.Take a look as an example:This happens whenever the explorer view is in icons.I was messing around lately with some settings in the registry and I have a strong belief I probably messed something up. After some digging I found that lacking the registry key:...
  10. All file thumbnails suddenly went missing on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All file thumbnails suddenly went missing on Windows 10.: As per title.Take a look as an example:This happens whenever the explorer view is in icons.I was messing around lately with some settings in the registry and I have a strong belief I probably messed something up. After some digging I found that lacking the registry key:...