Windows 10: Missing title bar on certain applications

Discus and support Missing title bar on certain applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, I've lost the title bar on some applications such as Notepad++ and Atom. I've tried reinstalling them, putting them into fullscreen with F11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leo1234567890987654321, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Missing title bar on certain applications

Recently, I've lost the title bar on some applications such as Notepad++ and Atom. I've tried reinstalling them, putting them into fullscreen with F11 and "post-it mode" for Notepad++ using F12 and I'm not in tablet mode.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1909, latest Nvidia graphics drivers, if there's anything else that people need then I'm happy to share.

For reference, screenshots of my whole screen 1920x1080 when using the default Notepad and Notepad++.

:)

leo1234567890987654321, Feb 2, 2020
  2. DJC
    djc Win User

Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

3. Windows 10 Upgrade: text input issue in specific applications

Hello Andras,

You may not be able to use the keyboard on certain applications due to a missing language bar. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below about how to bring the missing Windows file back:

• Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe in the Run
      box.
    • Click Enter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Angela Pun, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Thanatica Win User

Missing title bar on certain applications

Compound emoji in title bars not working.

For example, this one -> U+1F1EF U+DDEF

That's supposed to be a Japanese flag, but in a application title bar and on the task bar, it displays as "JP" in small-caps. And on this forum as well, apparently (only it errors out when I try to post - please fix that!).

Any chance this can get added to the list of fixes for a future Windows update? Thanks!

Disclaimer: You're going to suggest the Feedback app, which isn't working. So please refrain from doing that.

Thanatica, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Missing title bar on certain applications

1. Missing title bar on certain applications - Similar Threads - Missing title bar

2. Switch monitor button on title bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch monitor button on title bar missing: A few weeks ago, the often used button on the title bar to switch a window to a different monitor disappeared. I know the keyboard shortcut, but I'm wondering where the button went, and can't seem to find anything on how to get it back. Are there title bar settings somewhere...
  3. Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar: Today when was searching through files something bothered me, then I realised there's lack of icon and folder name in the folder title bar. Also it looks weird it covers things below title bar? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 missing title bar and part of the top of window with certain applications....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 missing title bar and part of the top of window with certain applications....: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/windows-10-pro-missing-title-bar-and-part-of-the/3a16d7d2-a212-42cd-8f57-b9255a4a15e5?page=12 In relation to this original question that has a thread created since 2018 and no real solution. I believe to...
  5. Windows missing Title Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows missing Title Bar?: I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 PRO. I"m not sure what its actually called, but on the desktop, when I open a window - browser, Syncback, whatever, the top of the window has a bar with the name of the program (title bar, I think). [img] On the LAPTOP, there is NO bar at...
  6. Missing title bar on Windows 10

Missing title bar on Windows 10: I've recently lost the title bar on certain programs currently known programs are: Command Prompt, Notepad++, Atom and WinRAR. I'm on Windows 10 version 1909, dual monitor setup. Took these a while ago of my whole screen 1920x1080.First using the default Windows Notepad and...
  7. Title Bar Hidden

Title Bar Hidden: Windows 10 -- something strange happened to my home/start screen. I was able to restore app icons, start menu, etc. But now, when I open any program or app, the title bar is hidden. If I move the mouse all the way to the top of the screen, I can get the "red X" for closing...
  8. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing: Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was...
  9. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....
  10. Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps: So I just noticed that the little diagonal double-arrow at the right of the title bar that you use to run modern/universal apps fullscreen is suddenly missing. The arrow was there when I installed Windows 10 and was still there (afaik) up until a few days ago. Now I just have...