Windows 10: Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives

Discus and support Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am on 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro OS. Now the option Turn on Bitlocker is missing, for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives. This means that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohammad ToushifAlam, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives

I am on 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro OS. Now the option Turn on Bitlocker is missing, for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives.

This means that there is no option visible to TRUN On BitLocker to Encrypt the USB or REMOVAL DRIVE.

Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives 709e80ae-a487-44aa-9446-7ef29603eb19?upload=true.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives 7588cc63-eb9d-4c51-b624-beaf299c1398?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mohammad ToushifAlam, Jan 30, 2021

2. BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Bitlocker on removable drive

Hello,

I'm afraid that using a PIN to unlock a BitLocker encrypted removable drive is not an available option.

A PIN is currently only available for an OS drive if you have a TPM.

Brink, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives

Unencrypt Bitlocked portable USB device

Therein lies the problem. The work computer does not allow me to unencrypt the portable drives, as no USB devices can be connected to it that are not Bitlocked. It's a bit of a vicious circle!

Alan Leslie Phillips, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives

1. Missing Turn on Option for BitLocker To Go - For Portable Removal USB Drives - Similar Threads - Missing Turn Option

2. USB Portable Optical Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Portable Optical Drive not working: Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and it shows the Windows green loading bar for 5 mins, before the device's light turns off and it has to be unplugged and plugged...
  3. Can't remove BitLocked USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove BitLocked USB Drive.: I plugged in a USB drive to my computer Windows 10, supplied the BitLocker password. I then opened the drive in the File Explorer. I opened 3 Word documents and 2 JPG files. I didn't make any changes. I then went to "Show Hidden Icons" on the task bar. I had no applications...
  4. Bitlocker - "Turn on Bitlocker" vanished for USB Drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - "Turn on Bitlocker" vanished for USB Drives: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro machines both at work (on a Domain) and Home (standalone machines - both situations have the same problem. All machines are 2004 with the latest patches. Until recently I could bitlocker Encrypt external USB Drives (memory sticks etc) by either the...
  5. Bitlocker - "Turn on Bitlocker" vanished for USB Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker - "Turn on Bitlocker" vanished for USB Drives: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro machines both at work (on a Domain) and Home (standalone machines - both situations have the same problem. All machines are 2004 with the latest patches. Until recently I could bitlocker Encrypt external USB Drives (memory sticks etc) by either the...
  6. Unable to turn on bitlocker for USB drives

Unable to turn on bitlocker for USB drives: I was able to turn on bitlocker for the internal ssd that I have. But I am unable to see any success with USB drives. When I got to Control Panel > System and Security > Bitlocker Drive Encryption, I am unable to see my USB drives. It just says "insert a USB drive to use...
  7. portable hard drive to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  8. bitlocker option missing

bitlocker option missing: I setup BitLocker on a USB stick I get it configure everything look great. Then I put it in another computer and that computer does not ask for the BitLocker password and shows the device as inaccessible. When I right click on he USB drive I do not see any BitLocker...
  9. usb portable diskette drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb portable diskette drive: I would like to know why I am not able to load the driver for the usb portable diskette drive. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portable-diskette-drive/3b187512-2e68-4bf3-82c3-3923fe7aa6bc"
  10. No options to manage Bitlocker To Go

No options to manage Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, I have another post out there concerning a related issue, but I wanted to ask if anybody has either seen this same issue or can explain why I'm having this issue. When I got to Control Panel > System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption I don't have manage...