Windows 10: Missing UI elements/Glitch

Discus and support Missing UI elements/Glitch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zekrom333, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Zekrom333 Win User

Missing UI elements/Glitch

Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the slider bars, this includes the volume slider that pops up when you click the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume slider inside of the Movies & TV app and the screen brightness slider inside of the notification centre. Basically all of the native Win10 applications that have sliders in them are missing the little rounded squared that indicates the percentage on the slider. It's important to mention that all of the features are fully functional and work as intended, they're just missing the slider's indicator.
    I have tried all the standard restoring procedures such as running DISM and SFC commands, nothing works as this issue is not being detected by any of these methods.
    Please get back to me on this, I'm looking forward to a solution.
    Best regards.

:)

Zekrom333, Mar 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 start menu glitch--it actually shows how transparent the elements of the UI should be!

Missing UI elements/Glitch 331c1367-d50a-437e-92ed-81cca0fbec86.png

Hey everyone and I just upgraded to Windows 10! So as seen in the picture above, there is a glitch that I encountered in the start menu that somehow made the start menu transparent.

Here is what I did before the glitch happened:

First I went into my personalization settings. Then I set my favorite color (In my case it is orange). And lastly I turned on the "show color on start, taskbar, and action center". Then, I went into the start to see how it looked. That's when the glitch
    occurred. I quickly took a screenshot of it (shown above).

This glitch also shows how transparent the elements of the UI should be. It should be glass clear, like in Windows 7, and we should be able to change the color of the glass, just like in Windows 7 as well.

So please, I want the Windows 10 UI to look as transparent as the start menu glitch.

FazPhantom, Mar 9, 2020
  3. cdenney Win User
    UI and Font Glitch on Windows 10?

Sorry to re-awaken a dead thread, but I am having a similar problem. UI elements such as the tab bar in my browser, context menus and the start menu are all blurring, jumping, and stretching to the point of illegibility. I turned off Morphological filtering
    as you suggested, but it made no difference. I have tried downgrading to older drivers and updating to the latest beta drivers. Nothing seems to work.

cdenney, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Missing UI elements/Glitch

Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

ComponentActual, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Missing UI elements/Glitch

1. Missing UI elements/Glitch - Similar Threads - Missing elements Glitch

2. Windows 10 UI glitches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 UI glitches: Hi everyone,I'm having issues with all the lists in Windows :I know it's not comming from a particular software, because the lists are glitchy absolutely everywhere in Windows.What can I do please ?Thank youBruno...
  3. Windows 10 UI glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 UI glitches: Hi everyone,I'm having issues with all the lists in Windows :I know it's not comming from a particular software, because the lists are glitchy absolutely everywhere in Windows.What can I do please ?Thank youBruno...
  4. Changing Windows UI Elements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows UI Elements: I'm new to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro 20H2) and I've been trying to change some UI elements. 1. Registry. Changing the value of "MenuBar" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" has no effect. Why is that? Can I change the MenuBar background color somewhere else in the...
  5. Some UI elements not working

Some UI elements not working: Recently I haven't been able to use some UI elements, I first noticed it in firefox, when I couldn't use some of the navbar buttonsthe refresh and back and forward buttons, after that, I noticed that some of the buttons in file explores don't workthe forward buttons and some...
  6. Programs with blurry text and UI elements

Programs with blurry text and UI elements: When I launch any program in Windows, the text is alright. After some time or in case of Adobe Programs immediately start to have blurry text, and some user interface elements, such as buttons or in general, anything rounded. When the blurriness starts to occur, the...
  7. Windows UI glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows UI glitch: Since last windows 10 update and Nvidia driver update, I am facing UI glitch in windows and apps like google chrome. Can someone help me with this? You can see on the top right corner UI is glitched and in taskbar also and if I use google chrome then the whole screen gets...
  8. Windows UI Glitches?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows UI Glitches?: Hello everybody, i noticed this issue, I see graphical bugs at different time intervals which disappears after a while. Also noticed that when I right-click on the desktop, sometimes the Font menu is underlined and sometimes not. I have everything updated. In GPU Test is...
  9. UI Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UI Glitch: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/7gwft7bq4uv31.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=7e131bb0ae0b5205ee5fa295ee5f77987f9f048b This happened after I opened to many tabs in Chrome in laptop with 2GB of RAM. Some text in some area become missing, even in the Chrome menu...
  10. Some UI or element doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some UI or element doesnt appear: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 1903v, os build 18362 with amd radeon graphic adrenalin 19.10.1. I cant do my work because of some UI, text, etc doesn't appear. I have contact AMD, but doesn't help at all. I've clean it with DDU, reinstall it, update the latest software, and many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 interface button glitch

2. missing UI

3. windows ui glitching