Windows 10: Missing unallocated space after volume shrink

Discus and support Missing unallocated space after volume shrink in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to the disk management tool to shrink my SSD on which my Win10 is installed. I typed in something like 70GB and pressed shrink, after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Uwltoamym., Jul 9, 2021.

1. Missing unallocated space after volume shrink

I went to the disk management tool to shrink my SSD on which my Win10 is installed. I typed in something like 70GB and pressed shrink, after that instead of the unallocated space to appear so I can create a new partition, it just disappeared.I tried "TestDisk", "SFC" and "diskpart". Is there some tool or a cmd command I can use to get back my lost space?

:)

Uwltoamym., Jul 9, 2021
  2. InsAhamed Win User

Cannot create a new simple volume from unallocated space

I want to create a new volume. So I've shrink a volume. Then I got unallocated space. When I try to create a new simple volume I'm getting this type of error.

Missing unallocated space after volume shrink 309729fd-e0cc-41f7-8d5b-89dc2874ecc5?upload=true.png

What should I do? Please suggest me a solution.

InsAhamed, Jul 9, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unallocated Space on my SSD

You shouldn't have to, I've done this before without even rebooting the machine I was doing it on. However, the unallocated space has to be right next to the volume you want to expand, and it has to be marked as unallocated not just "free space".

Do you have more than one volume on the SSD, or is it just the C Drive?

newtekie1, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

Missing unallocated space after volume shrink

How to Partition a Win10 Hard Drive when the Disk Management Screen shows no Unallocated Volume?

the unallocated space will be created when you shrink an existing volume,

in disk management, in the lower part of the window right click on "windows (cMissing unallocated space after volume shrink :)" and select shrink volume. (c: is the only volume with enough space to shrink)

it will take a few seconds to figure out available shrink space

enter the number of MB you want to shrink it by (windows disk management will not shrink a volume beyond any unmovable files)

when the shrink is complete you will then see unallocated space

Martmcd, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Missing unallocated space after volume shrink

1. Missing unallocated space after volume shrink - Similar Threads - Missing unallocated space

2. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  3. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume: I'm using Windows 10 2019 LTSC. I have a 119 GB drive Disk 0. On this drive there is: - system partition 260 BM - C 113 GB- some "unallocated" but protected space 5.68 GB.I want to shrink C by 64 GB Rightclick -> Shrink volume... with 65536 typed in. C Has only 49 GB on...
  4. Missing unallocated space after shrinking volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.: I'm running windows 10. I cloned my 512GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD using clonezilla. Everything works great, but the disk size is still 512GB on the new 1TB SSD. BUT, there is no "unallocated space" See screen capture below. Disk 0 is 1TB SSD, but the total size is wrong at...
  6. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.: I'm running windows 10. I cloned my 512GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD using clonezilla. Everything works great, but the disk size is still 512GB on the new 1TB SSD. BUT, there is no "unallocated space" See screen capture below. Disk 0 is 1TB SSD, but the total size is wrong at...
  7. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD missing space, no unallocated space either: When I was under Windows Setup while installing Windows 10, I've deleted a partition. The GBs weren't reallocated to my SSD. Checked in CMD with diskpart as well as in disk management but I can't find any unallocated space either....
  9. Unallocated space missing.

Unallocated space missing.: Recently my friend tried to make a partition on my pc. Rather than having the allocated space appear in my disk management its nowhere to be found. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unallocated-space-missing/d59cc4cc-5a47-4cb9-b0ce-12a1817cd553
  10. Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to find unallocated disk space after shrinking volume.: Alright, I've never posted here so forgive me if this is kind of a mess lol, I was trying to shrink my Windows (C:) so I could make a separate partition, I didn't exactly know what I was doing at the time so I think I ended up shrinking quite a bit of it, but I'm not sure...