Windows 10: Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

Discus and support Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReignOfComputer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer displays the symbol. After some investigation, it appears that while applications like Edge, Chrome, Telegram, etc display the symbol, Win32/WinForm applications (such as Run) do not display the symbol.

The symbol is still present in Segoe UI Symbol.

Is anyone able to reproduce this? Trying to check if it is an issue with my environment.

Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October 8fd8b450-79a0-479f-8d98-ab31eb347acb?upload=true.png

Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October 5b56fd01-0fd8-4ca2-b0ef-45455bef1c4b?upload=true.gif

:)

ReignOfComputer, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Almost September and are the October 2018 update release in the September or October?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Paulr Win User
    Unicodes and language packs

Several work arounds can be found at http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2008/0...rs-in-windows/
    1. as I suggested above, U+(hexcode) Alt-X
    2. edit a registry key and hold down the Alt key while entering the code on the numeric keypad
    3. download the free utility called UnicodeInput, which pops up with the Alt-+ key
    None of these are useful on my Surface Pro virtual keyboard which is missing both the Alt key numeric keypad *Sad

Paulr, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

Windows 10 October 2018 Update

When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

1. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October - Similar Threads - Missing Unicode Star

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. Missing selection of playback and recording devices after October 2018 update in speaker...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing selection of playback and recording devices after October 2018 update in speaker...: After the October update, the ability to easily select and change parameters of audio devices has been removed down several layers and mouse clicks. This is not friendly and the ability to right click the speaker icon and go directly to playback or recording devices should be...
  4. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  5. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  6. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  7. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  8. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing unicode star