Windows 10: Missing Update History

Discus and support Missing Update History in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In attempting to find information online as to what may be causing an issue with my mouse, I clicked on a link that I thought would be helpful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TyredOfTen, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Missing Update History

In attempting to find information online as to what may be causing an issue with my mouse, I clicked on a link that I thought would be helpful. Instead, I ended up discovering something else.

The article I was reading mentioned an update. When I went to find that update, I discovered that ALL updates prior to March 2019 have mysteriously disappeared from the update history. I looked in:

Settings>Windows Update>View update history and
    Settings>Control Panel>Programs and Features>View installed updates

In both locations, there are no updates listed prior to 3.14.19. In looking at the updates in Programs & Features, you would swear this was a brand new computer b/c there is so little listed. I bought this laptop in November 2017.

This laptop has not been reformatted. There's been no System Restore done. No new hardware has been installed. Google Earth Pro was installed on 3.31.19. In looking around after discovering the missing Windows updates, I found that SEVERAL programs apparently update automatically... something I am not a fan of, but with this Windows 10 was unaware they were set to do so. There appears to be 15 programs that update automatically.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened to all the Windows updates? And couldn't this potentially be a problem later if repairs are needed and no one knows what's been installed and what hasn't?

:)

TyredOfTen, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Mr Ed Win User

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. Missing Update History :)

Mr Ed, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Browser History Missing in EDGE

well I found the clock and History line - but there was no history there, so - still no history

nickmcelwaineQW, Apr 12, 2019
  4. YuruZhang Win User

Missing Update History

Browser History Missing in EDGE

This answer is not helpful at all.

YuruZhang, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Missing Update History

1. Missing Update History - Similar Threads - Missing Update History

2. Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History: An update history is empty. The previous cumulative update is missing. Does it remove by itself? Is my previous cumulative update is still installed?...
  3. Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous Cumulative Update Missing In Update History: An update history is empty. The previous cumulative update is missing. Does it remove by itself? Is my previous cumulative update is still installed?...
  4. Update History is completely missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update History is completely missing.: Update History is completely missing. Has anyone else experienced this too?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-is-completely-missing/4138cdd4-8a10-442a-a04c-587af19cd5bb
  5. Windows Update History...Missing

Windows Update History...Missing: Windows 10 version 1909 Installed this update shortly after it was released.... When checking SETTINGS\Security & Update....in the past it would show the version and date that last Version Update was installed...looking at this screen today...Information is not there...No...
  6. Update history missing or incorrect (maybe?)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update history missing or incorrect (maybe?): 3 or 4 days ago I upgraded a couple computers from Win 10 1903 to 1909. Update history is blank. Maybe that is normal since no maintenance has been installed since the upgrade. But if I click "Uninstall updates" I get a list of 6 updates, all with an install date of 1/9/2020...
  7. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903: After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-history-missing-after-update-1903/2181471a-53e1-4fe7-9cec-67d6ac3dd05a
  8. Missing History.

in Browsers and Email
    Missing History.: should say first of all that I am using Windows 10 on an MS Lumia 550 cell phone. I am posting so that someone maybe able to explain why my Edge browser listings have disappeared and for some reason current browsing isn't leaving a trace of any site or page,the other 3...
  9. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update. (1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone...
  10. W8.1 Pro update history missing

W8.1 Pro update history missing: I had some problems recently with checking for the Windows 10 update. When I ran the update trouble shooter my update database folder seems to have been emptied. Now when I check my update history, it informs me that I have never tried to install any updates on my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update history is gone and it says in red that updates never done