Windows 10: missing user name at log on

Discus and support missing user name at log on in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The moderator says he moved the post at... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JFG_037, Aug 8, 2020.

1. JFG_037 Win User

missing user name at log on

JFG_037, Aug 8, 2020

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 8, 2020
  3. User Name

Hi Bradford,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to have your name instead of email address at login screen.
    If you are using Microsoft account for logging to the system then it will be hard to remove email address and show your name only. However, if you want then you may create new user profile as a local account with administrator permission. In this account
    you may keep the name you want.

For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 8, 2020
  4. missing user name at log on

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

missing user name at log on

1. missing user name at log on - Similar Threads - missing user name

2. Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name: Since last evening 1/25/2023 I can not log in my personal computer w/windows 11. I used to log in with default user name *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and input password directly. Yesterday evening, it said that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  3. Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in windows 11 with default user name: Since last evening 1/25/2023 I can not log in my personal computer w/windows 11. I used to log in with default user name *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and input password directly. Yesterday evening, it said that "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a...
  4. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chramir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsucm4/user_name_changed_in_the_start_menu_but_when_i/
  7. Cant log on with user name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant log on with user name: I only have one user on my computer . while trying to make some changes I accendtial removed my user name. Help I cant' log in and I do not have a start up disk Is there a place where I can download one?...
  8. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. Missing "Change user name" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "Change user name" option: I am using Windows 10 Home , and I am using the administrator account in my pc. the problem is that when ever i sign in into the windows it is showing my email instead of my name. I tried to change the name in control panel but the option is missing. So I tried another way...
  10. Remove User's name from the logging in window.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User's name from the logging in window.: Hi All, I am looking for as way to remove the user's name from displaying after credentials have been provided and the machine is logging in. Our login time is between 9 to 18 seconds depending on load I would prefer that the user's name is not displayed on screen during...