Windows 10: MIssing user

Discus and support MIssing user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VivienSilver, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

1. MIssing user

When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint option is not available and I cannot remember the pin or password. when I ask to reset them nothing happens.

On accessing miscrosoft family in settings there are only 2 users, not the one I want to use.

I have no idea how to access my data now. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

VivienSilver, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

3. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM
  4. MIssing user

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

Thema:

MIssing user

1. MIssing user - Similar Threads - MIssing user

2. Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents: I rebooted my PC last evening, turned of the monitor & let the PC run. This morning I turned on the monitor & observed a message about logging in to see my files. I chose not to & got some message about a temporary profile/login. My programs, printers, etc., all remained...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing: Hi, I wish to configure Remote Desktop Connection on my Home Network running under Win 10 Home, ver 1903 (Build 18362.476). Allow Remote Assistant Connections are enable on each PC. However my Laptop displays SELECT USER button in the Remote Desktop Settings, but my...
  4. Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted): Hello, I think I know what causes this problem (User Account is corrupted or misconfigured somehow) but I don't know how to fix it. So it's because I changed my user account folder name via cmd on boot for 5-6 months ago, and now it's all working fine, however ALL windows...
  5. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  6. Windows 10 local user desktop background website shortcuts missing

Windows 10 local user desktop background website shortcuts missing: Recently purchased HP Pavilion laptop. Have myself and one local user. I am the administrator. Somehow, my email address as administrator is my local users email address, being Microsoft. Needless to say Windows 10 is very confusing. I see my local user profile name, but I do...
  7. Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10

Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10: Hi, I am having a serious issue with my windows 10 pc. I am unable change my Microsoft account into Administrator. I do not have "Friends and Other Users" options. [ATTACH] Further there i am not able to make the changes through the control panel as well. I have tried...
  8. Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903

Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903: Sorry if this is a little lengthy. I wanted to provide as much detail as possible. I am running Windows 10 build 1903. Prior to the update, I was use a custom ADUC console that had loads of LDAP queries and a couple of different domains. After the upgrade to 1903, I...
  9. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  10. Main User Account missing, I need to restore

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Main User Account missing, I need to restore: I don't know what I did but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts at login or in the user accounts control panel. I've activated and verified...