Windows 10: MIssing user

Discus and support MIssing user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VivienSilver, Dec 1, 2019.

1. MIssing user

When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint option is not available and I cannot remember the pin or password. when I ask to reset them nothing happens.

On accessing miscrosoft family in settings there are only 2 users, not the one I want to use.

I have no idea how to access my data now. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

VivienSilver, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 1, 2019
  3. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 1, 2019
  4. MIssing user

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

MIssing user

1. MIssing user - Similar Threads - MIssing user

2. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  3. User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User file is missing my profile. How do i get it back: Hello,when i logged into my laptop today i noticed that my user profile file is missing from the user folder. I have tried unhiding all files in the user folder but nothing happens. If i go to the left i can see downloads, videos etc and all the files are still there.I cannot...
  4. Missing documents, new user???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing documents, new user???: I have Windows 11. I was deleting folders from an external drive. After deleting a number of folders I tried to open my document folder on my computer. There was nothing in it. I checked the trash thinking I mistakenly deleted the folder, nothing there. I tried searching for...
  5. Missing documents, new user???

Missing documents, new user???: I have Windows 11. I was deleting folders from an external drive. After deleting a number of folders I tried to open my document folder on my computer. There was nothing in it. I checked the trash thinking I mistakenly deleted the folder, nothing there. I tried searching for...
  6. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  7. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  8. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...
  10. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...