Windows 10: Missing video files

Discus and support Missing video files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently lost some game recordings that I had captured using the XBox Game Bar screen capture. The recorded video files were being saved in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheOptimistic1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Missing video files

Hello,

I recently lost some game recordings that I had captured using the XBox Game Bar screen capture.
    The recorded video files were being saved in the Temp folder under User/AppData. I have seen the videos and played them may times but I am not seeing the videos in the same folder anymore.

I tried searching for the videos but somehow I am unable to detect them anywhere on my computer at present.

I looked up the videos using the file names and using *.mp4 but none are showing up.

It will be great if could please help me out with your responses.

Thanking you.

TheOptimistic1

:)

TheOptimistic1, Mar 2, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Mar 2, 2020
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Missing video files

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Missing video files

1. Missing video files - Similar Threads - Missing video files

2. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  3. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  4. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Video Editor is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor is missing?: It's been a while since I have last used Windows. But I recently reinstalled Windows onto my computer and the video editor is now completely missing- not on the start menu, or in the Photos app.Screenshot from the Photos app.Not sure where it has gone, but it sure isn't...
  6. Video Editor is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor is missing?: It's been a while since I have last used Windows. But I recently reinstalled Windows onto my computer and the video editor is now completely missing- not on the start menu, or in the Photos app.Screenshot from the Photos app.Not sure where it has gone, but it sure isn't...
  7. Missing videos

Missing videos: I put the videos from my old laptop onto a flash drive, so that I could move them to my new laptop, & they disappeared. The folders they were in are there, as well as all the other items I was moving music, pix, documents, etc But the videos, & the .srt files are gone. I...
  8. missing videos & photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing videos & photos: how can I retrieve missing videos & lots of photos in windows 10? they are not in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-videos-photos/d6f4769f-e4e5-480f-99cd-405ac1ba4617
  9. missing videos

missing videos: how can I retrieve missing videos in windows 10? thought they were sent to one drive but they are not there or in file exploer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-videos/d6f4769f-e4e5-480f-99cd-405ac1ba4617"
  10. Missing video files

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing video files: Here is a strange one. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I moved some files from downloads folder into videos folder and they are gone, sort of. The first thing I noticed is that the thumbnails were now all the same as were the video lengths however file names are...