Windows 10: Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience

Discus and support Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Unfortunately, whenever I try to install the GeForce Experience be it the standalone installer or together with a new graphics driver package, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReRaim, Sep 10, 2020.

1. ReRaim Win User

Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience

Hi

Unfortunately, whenever I try to install the GeForce Experience be it the standalone installer or together with a new graphics driver package, the Installation process requests to install a "missing" MS Visual C++ 2017 x64 Minimum Runtime -14.13.26020 package. The Use Source on my PC seems not to contain any of valid installation packages of this required C++ Minimum Runtime file, although I have various minimum runtime x64 installer packages in the Package Cache folder.

All attempts to completely uninstall all Visual C++ programs and to re-install those by using Microsofts VC_redistx64 package did not succeed.

Any other ideas? Thks/cheers Rene

:)

ReRaim, Sep 10, 2020

2. Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) not installing

Hi Yoda,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This error may occur when the Microsoft Visual C++ is not compatible with 10.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select Programs and Features.

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) install problem

Thanks for the update on the result of you performing the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since you're still getting the error message, we suggest that you get in touch with the application developer to verify the compatibility of the app with Windows 10
    as well as confirm what other components it needs to install properly. The reason we are suggesting this is that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are generally pre-installed in the Windows operating system and additional Microsoft Visual C++
    2008 SP1 Redistributable Packages may require an additional license to install.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience

MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll are still missing even after installing Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable Package (Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013)

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The error that you are getting can be caused due to the Runtime Components of Visual C++ libraries that are missing or getting conflicted, possibly due to a third party software or misconfigured registry settings.

So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

If you are comfortable in modifying some registry settings, then follow the below provided steps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type in regedit and click OK.

Registry disclaimer:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the

registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem
      occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: KB 322756

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\F942F94A19C0F79468FD2B85E5E8677B
    • Right click this registry entry and click Rename.
    • Rename F942F94A19C0F79468FD2B85E5E8677B to
      -F942F94A19C0F79468FD2B85E5E8677B.
    • Close the registry editor.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Check if you are able to install the application.

If the method does not resolve the issue, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Reinstall the C++ redistributable package and check.

Step 1:
    Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from your computer.

Follow the steps when your computer has booted to desktop.

a) Press Windows + x key together and select
    Control Panel.

b) Click on Programs and Features.

c) Locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, right click and select
    Uninstall

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.

Step 2:

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and install.

Click on the link given below and install in on your computer.

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

If it fails to install then try to install
    Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packagein compatibility mode.
    Follow the steps given in the link given below to install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packages in compatibility mode.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience

1. Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience - Similar Threads - Missing Visual C++

2. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package: Dear Community,I have a laptop, running Windows 10 operating system. I have the Firefox browser installed. Would like to ask the community a very specific question, please? I am currently on a course of Ethical Hacking, and have been asked by the tutor to download the...
  3. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package: Dear Community,I have a laptop, running Windows 10 operating system. I have the Firefox browser installed. Would like to ask the community a very specific question, please? I am currently on a course of Ethical Hacking, and have been asked by the tutor to download the...
  4. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable Package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64: I have tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64 on my computer. I downloaded MV c++ 2008 following the instruction given in the following...
  7. Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package?: I get this warning form my HP Perfomance Advisor: • Missing run-time libraries - Software necessary to deliver certain functionality CPU information and GPU utilization reporting does not appear to be installed on this system. Please visit the Microsoft Download Site to...
  8. Can't install NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

Can't install NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE: Hello ! Every one I Can't install NVidia GeForce experience. getting error telemetry client failed to install. I tried starting NVidia telemetry service and getting message. The nvidia telemetry service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop...
  9. geforce experience

geforce experience: when I open up GeForce it tells me to reset it idk how to reset it. i reset my pc, unplugged it, uninstalled geforce and reinstalled im new to pc some advice would be help full...
  10. Geforce Experiance updates.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce Experiance updates.: I frequently get invitations from Nvidia's Geforce Experience to download the latest drivers, today they are at 373.06. The never start downloading. In my case, using a low end card to run my AOC Q2770P and not needing the latest drivers for gaming means that I don't mind...