Windows 10: Missing WAN mini ports

Discus and support Missing WAN mini ports in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004 OS Build 19041.423 Problem:Missing Miniport adaptors I Installed IPVanish VPN on May 5th, 2020 which ran fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Msterling, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Msterling Win User

Missing WAN mini ports

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004 OS Build 19041.423

Problem:Missing Miniport adaptors

I Installed IPVanish VPN on May 5th, 2020 which ran fine until I noticed a problem on or around 06/29/2020.

I’ve been working with IPVanish support since June 29th trying to get this problem fixed to no avail.

I looked back at my Windows 10 update history and found out the following.

2020-05 Cumulative Update for .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4552925

Successfully installed on 6/30/2020

2020-06 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4561600

Successfully installed on 6/29/2020

The VPN problem seems to coincide with the Widows 10 update on or around June 29th or 30th.

I have the same IPVanish VPN on another PC with the same Window 10 updates and it’s working just fine?

I did some nosing around and found a big difference in the network adapters. The PC that is working fine has the following:Network adapters:Famatech Radmin VPN Ethernet Adaptor; IntelR 82578DM Gigabit Network Connection; Realtek RTL8811 AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter; WAN Miniport IKEv2; WAN Miniport IP; WAN Miniport lpv6; WAN Miniport L2TP; WAN Miniport Network Monitor; WAN Miniport PPPOE; WAN Miniport PPTP; WAN Miniport SSTP

The PC where the VPN isn’t working has the following: Network adapters:IntelR 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection; TAP-Windows Adapter V9; WAN Miniport SSTP

Earlier in the trouble shooting process from IPV support, the support team had me change the DNS setting to 8.8.8.8. I really don’t know where the DNS stands today? I hope this screen shot tells you something…it’s all Greek to me.

The last word I received from IPVanish Support was:

For the other protocols to work, you need your Network Adapters to properly work.I am afraid you have a big issue with your Windows device and/or motherboard and you may need to restore your system completely.

Best regards,
    Jerry

Technical Support

I sure hope this isn’t the case and that you can bail me out.

Sincerely,

Marty

:)

Msterling, Aug 5, 2020
  2. MSfrage Win User

wan mini port driver failing

I cant install wan mini port drivers , it says file not found , even vie ms driver online update .

I cant use any dialup connection for modem .

MSfrage, Aug 5, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    how can i remove the mini wan ports from the registry?

The mini-WAN ports are part of the operating system, so you can't remove them.

BulldogXX, Aug 5, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Missing WAN mini ports

Win 10 update disabled WAN miniports

Hi Gracie, wan mini-ports are a software part of your Network Device Driver software. To fix issues with WAN mini-port devices, updates your WiFi and Ethernet device driver software . ..

DaveM121, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Missing WAN mini ports

1. Missing WAN mini ports - Similar Threads - Missing WAN mini

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  4. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wan mini ports windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wan mini ports windows 11: Hello on my network adapters All my wan miniports are only seen using show hidden devices, before it showed up can enable it back, also a eliminated Microsoft Wifi direct virtual Adapter #1 trying to see if it be back up scanning new hardware but its just gone not showing...
  6. wan mini ports windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wan mini ports windows 11: Hello on my network adapters All my wan miniports are only seen using show hidden devices, before it showed up can enable it back, also a eliminated Microsoft Wifi direct virtual Adapter #1 trying to see if it be back up scanning new hardware but its just gone not showing...
  7. Missing WAN mini ports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing WAN mini ports: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004 OS Build 19041.423 Problem: Missing Miniport adaptors I Installed IPVanish VPN on May 5th, 2020 which ran fine until I noticed a problem on or around 06/29/2020. I’ve been working with IPVanish support since June 29th trying to get this...
  8. What is XVDD SCSI MINI PORT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is XVDD SCSI MINI PORT: Hi so I got a notification on my pc that said restart required for XVDD SCSI MINI PORT I am just wondering is this a virus or something and if so how do I get rid of it pls help! submitted by /u/OLA24GLB [link] [comments]...
  9. wan miniport network adapters missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wan miniport network adapters missing: I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters? Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909...
  10. Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade: I upgraded a perfectly running Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. Everything looked great after the upgrade but I did have to tweak a few things here and there. The problem came when I tried to Windows VPN to connect to my office and it just sites there at "Connecting to...