Windows 10: Missing/Wandering SSD

Discus and support Missing/Wandering SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an odd issue. One of my SSD dives disappears seemingly randomly, even if i'm running a program off of it. program will freeze, shut down, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JKFrick, Apr 1, 2020.

1. JKFrick Win User

Missing/Wandering SSD

I have an odd issue. One of my SSD dives disappears seemingly randomly, even if i'm running a program off of it. program will freeze, shut down, and produce an error #134 If i restart it might be there but maybe not.

When it comes back it has all of the files, so its not being reset or anything. When it disappears Device manager will not be able to find it.

:)

JKFrick, Apr 1, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Missing/Wandering SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Missing/Wandering SSD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Missing/Wandering SSD

1. Missing/Wandering SSD - Similar Threads - Missing Wandering SSD

2. 392GB SSD missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    392GB SSD missing?: I have bought a new laptop 1 year ago.It should have 1024GB of SSD, which it "did", as now it's only showing 632GB when I go to >System > Storage.I also used to have the issue of a lot of my 16GB of RAM missing, which seems to not be the case anymore though.Any idea how the...
  3. 392GB SSD missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    392GB SSD missing?: I have bought a new laptop 1 year ago.It should have 1024GB of SSD, which it "did", as now it's only showing 632GB when I go to >System > Storage.I also used to have the issue of a lot of my 16GB of RAM missing, which seems to not be the case anymore though.Any idea how the...
  4. Bootmgr for ssd missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootmgr for ssd missing: I have a hdd and an ssdmain windows which both had a windows boot manager but I mistakingly installed my fedora onto my ssd with windows on it after reclaiming space from the windows partition. So I’ve tried numerous solutions in cmd from bootable usb repair such as bootrec,...
  5. Missing space in SSD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing space in SSD...: If I have chosen the wrong topic, sorry... My question is about the space i have on my SSD. I asked about it for a month ago but didnt find any solution... I had around 100GB on my SSD before an update came to Windows that took a bit of time to download. After the update i...
  6. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own: Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very faint circle where the cursor lands. Sometimes it blinks for a bit and then I can use it again. Sometimes it takes logging...
  7. Print screen and wandering cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print screen and wandering cursor: I have Windows 10 on my Surface. Suddenly "Prtsc" button stopped working. At the same time the cursor started dancing all over the place once I touch the touch pad. These two started happening since the automatic update (I think). Any body experienced the same? Any solution....
  8. Missing SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing SSD: Every so often Window 10 Pro 64 bit seems to lose one of my old SSDs. I used to be able to fix the problem by shutting down the computer and reconnecting the sata cables. I thought that the sata cable had somehow gotten loose. Now I just upgraded this system to 14393.3 from...
  9. Wandering desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...
  10. Icons wandering

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons wandering: I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary...