Windows 10: Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

Discus and support Missing wifi adapter in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything is fine, apart from that before the upgrade I had 3 internet adapters and now I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simkoo, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Simkoo Win User

Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

I recently upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything is fine, apart from that before the upgrade I had 3 internet adapters and now I only have 1.
    I have followed some fix suggestions like scanning for hardware changes and updating my existing adapter but nothing seems to work.
    The wifi adapter that stayed is: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235
    How would I get them back?
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

:)

Simkoo, Apr 30, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter missing issue in Windows 10.

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Make sure that you have enable the Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter on your device.

To do so, follow:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    • netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
    • netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Step 2: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

To answer your question: Yes, Microsoft Wi-Fi miniport adapter is available for windows 10.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the hosted network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

Missing WiFi Adapter on Windows 10

i have HP Pavilion G6, upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 last year Jun-2015. my WiFi was working FINE even on windows 10. all of a sudden last saturday my WiFi adapter missing and i can NOT see any wireless network and wifi button stayed in Orange color ALL
    the time. i tried the following

1. rebooted laptop several times

2. updated the driver [mine is RALINK RT5390r WiFi adapter] to 5.057.xxx driver

3. ethernet network power option [allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] un selected

i still can NOT see the wifi adapter in either device manager or in network adapters. while trying few options i started seeing this wifi adapter in device manager but it was hidden shows the error code 45-> attach the device /media disconnected

any solution to fix this?

shreedarasp, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

1. Missing wifi adapter in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Missing wifi adapter

2. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  3. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  4. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  5. Wifi adapter missing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter missing Windows 11: Hello everyone, I am unable to see WIFI Option in my Windows 11 . Network Adapter is missing, I tried resetting network, netcfg, services option, but still i am unable to see wifi button or adapter. Please help someone...
  6. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: My wifi adapter is completely missing from my laptop. I have tried searching for it in device manager—>show hidden devices—> network adapters but there is no wifi adapter showing up. I have tried redownloading the driver from the ASUS website using an ethernet cable but that...
  7. Wifi adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter missing: Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone updated the system win 10 reset the pc its looking like I might have...
  8. Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing wifi adapter in windows 10: I recently upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything is fine, apart from that before the upgrade I had 3 internet adapters and now I only have 1. I have followed some fix suggestions like scanning for hardware changes and updating my existing adapter but nothing...
  9. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through...
  10. Missing Wifi Adapter

Missing Wifi Adapter: After turning on my laptop from sleep mode, I noticed that the wifi option in the network is missing, from the settings its missing, from the device manager its missing, only the ethernet is left, what can I do?...