Windows 10: Missing wifi driver

Discus and support Missing wifi driver in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using an asus tuf fx505dt it's a fairly new laptop, but I am having issues of my wifi driver disappearing and internet going to no internet even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vishalbalaji1, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Missing wifi driver

I am using an asus tuf fx505dt it's a fairly new laptop, but I am having issues of my wifi driver disappearing and internet going to no internet even though my mobile gets wifi, I used every techniques given in internet but it still happens please any one could you help me.

:)

vishalbalaji1, Jul 19, 2020

2. Missing WiFi tab

Hey Dhavelyn!

Here are answers to your questions.

• Do you remember making any software or hardware related changes to your device and router before this issue happened?
    No, I didn't made any hardware changes nor did I installed any software.

• Were you able to connect to your other devices aside from the laptop?
    Yes

• Are you getting any sort of error messages? If so, can you tell us these errors.
    No, I am not getting any error messages.

• To make sure we haven't missed on anything, can you specify to us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?
    I just did the Network Troubleshooting which shows no error but gives a message to 'Plug an Ethernet cable' (as only Ethernet is left under network connections tab).

I also tried uninstalling Wifi driver under device manager but there was no Wifi driver (Intel dualband 3160-AC). Then I downloaded the wifi driver but while installing it gives a message that 'This installation could not be made'. (I made sure that
    the driver was compatible before installing)

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Update: When I turned ON my laptop today, I found that the WiFi came back under Network Connections but was disabled. So, I enabled it and then my WiFi was working fine. But when again I switched ON my laptop after few hours, the WiFi tab was missing.
    I don't know how did this happened now and not before during previous startups of my system.

Sufian Saeed Khan, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Missing wifi driver

Wifi driver missing after cold boot, re-appears after warm boot.

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start to happen?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    To resolve issue with missing WiFi Adapter, kindly follow the steps below:

Method 1: Install all the latest update for Windows 10.

Method 2: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and then hit enter.
    • Choose Network and Internet.
    • Select Network adapter.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the WiFi Adapter.

Uninstall the WiFi Adapter before reinstalling the latest driver available on your computer manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Missing wifi driver

1. Missing wifi driver - Similar Threads - Missing wifi driver

2. Wifi driver missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  3. Wifi driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver is missing: Connectivity in my laptop infinix inbook1 is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-is-missing/2b55b2b2-5be1-4fae-b901-58164205ffc7
  4. Wifi driver is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver is missing: Connectivity in my laptop infinix inbook1 is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-is-missing/2b55b2b2-5be1-4fae-b901-58164205ffc7
  5. Wifi driver missing, WLAN driver not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi driver missing, WLAN driver not reading: Hello, hope you are doing wellMy wifi was working fine but suddenly stopped working, it stopped detecting wifi networks I tried some fixes but it didn’t work so I uninstalled the driver At first it was showing but showing error code 45 from device manager. I restarted the...
  6. Missing Wifi Driver

Missing Wifi Driver: Hi,I am currently having an issue with my wifi, the only option I can use is an Ethernet cable no wifi is displayed and to me looks like I did delete the wifi driver by accident. I tried using the scan for hardware changes and it is not pulling the wireless driver also tried...
  7. Wireless Wifi Driver MISSING

Wireless Wifi Driver MISSING: Hello. My problem started when I booted up my laptop just to find me unable to connect to the internet and find any connections. So I did what made sense and factory reset my laptop. Now, I have a fresh new laptop without a Wifi driver. I tried downloading a wifi driver...
  8. Wifi driver missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi driver missing: My Asus laptop started to disconnect from wifi at times, and then the wifi option started to disappear. So, I reset my hard disk and reinstalled windows 10. After that wifi option never showed so I tried to update drivers from device manager, but there is no wifi adapter...
  9. Wifi driver is missing and back

Wifi driver is missing and back: I copy this from my wifi driver event viewer in device manager. Anybody please help. What problem actually happens to mya wifi driver and how to solve this to stop missing eventhough it will back again. Please help. Thank you Log Name:...
  10. Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection

Qualcomm driver missing; No WiFi connection: Today, I am using a X507U Asus Laptop with Windows 10. The WiFi connection was perfectly fine just hours ago but now I can't connect to my WiFi although other devices like my phone and another laptop is unaffected by this loss. As I try to do the device manager solution, I...