Windows 10: Missing WinDefend in Regedit, need copy from another

Discus and support Missing WinDefend in Regedit, need copy from another in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So as it turns out, I am missing WinDefend. I believe that I need it to restore my Virus & Protection to my computer. All I am asking for is a copy of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bruhhh, Feb 10, 2021.

1. bruhhh Win User

Missing WinDefend in Regedit, need copy from another

So as it turns out, I am missing WinDefend. I believe that I need it to restore my Virus & Protection to my computer.

All I am asking for is a copy of someone elses.

Missing WinDefend in Regedit, need copy from another [​IMG]

To export the regedit:
    > Windows Key+R
    > Type "regedit"
    > Hit "Ok"
    > Go to the directory Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
    > Find WInDefend
    > Right Click>Export
    > Save it

Here is the forum I used for reference:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-9d45ff788e4c

:)

bruhhh, Feb 10, 2021
  2. CUSACKOTG Win User

Regedit procedure for locating a missing drive

Hey ,

couple of months back someone advised me on the procedure for 'refreshing' your cd/dvd drive in regedit (i had a missing drive and was able to 'recover' it thru regedit ..)

i have lost the instructions- can someone please help me

cheers

cusackotg

CUSACKOTG, Feb 10, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    What is WinDefend?

Sorry but we are talking about services, and believe it or not, the legit Windows Defender service (Microsoft anti malware that is shipped with Windows Vista, and later, on install) is called WinDefend. And if you don't believe me, try running it yourself: Code: sc start WinDefend[/quote] If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck.

temp02, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

What is WinDefend?

[/quote]If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck. Click to expand... That worked, thanks. I'll reboot and see if it stays. Should I be running it or not?

1nf3rn0x, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Missing WinDefend in Regedit, need copy from another - Similar Threads - Missing WinDefend Regedit

2. Another site copying from here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another site copying from here: I've just seen this, and was not sure where to post about it.I'd made a topic on answers here and just recently seen it was copy/pasted using my name on another site I've never been to.The topic here:Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PCThe topic on the other...
  3. Another site copying from here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another site copying from here: I've just seen this, and was not sure where to post about it.I'd made a topic on answers here and just recently seen it was copy/pasted using my name on another site I've never been to.The topic here:Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PCThe topic on the other...
  4. Another site copying from here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit: Hello.My computer is no longer accepting my pin. When I sign in with my username and password - it takes me right back to the pin screen. I also CAN NOT change my pin. I get the following error. Status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0I followed all the steps below - but I don't...
  6. PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit: Hello.My computer is no longer accepting my pin. When I sign in with my username and password - it takes me right back to the pin screen. I also CAN NOT change my pin. I get the following error. Status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0I followed all the steps below - but I don't...
  7. Need help copying app from one windows 10 install to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help copying app from one windows 10 install to another: So I am going to reinstall windows 10 on my computer, but I have several programs that are no longer available for download. Do I simply copy the folder in Program Files to the new install, or do I need to copy .dll files or anything else for me to be able to use it properly?...
  8. Profilelist missing in regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profilelist missing in regedit: When i want to use my laptop, i cant login into my laptop then this happen : The user profile service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded And then my friend told me to edit "profilelist" in regedit, but there's nothing in my "profilelist" How to fix it?...
  9. Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another: How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-copy-edge-favorites-from-one-computer-to/b1026d87-8747-43f2-896c-dc4082bc8a42
  10. Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another: Need to copy pinned start menu from one user profile to another Is this possible ? thanks 29699