Windows 10: Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Discus and support Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently had to do a System Image restore(after a Media Restore failed) on a Dell Win 10 tower with a Optane SSD for the OS. Everything is fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacDaddy-O, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Recently had to do a System Image restore(after a Media Restore failed) on a Dell Win 10 tower with a Optane SSD for the OS. Everything is fairly stable again. I started reloading my gaming software, and discovered that I am unable to install Discord. here is a picture of the Install log with the error highlighted. Something is missing. I haven't a clue where to find the missing file(s) and I have performed all the Admin Command Prompts that chkdsk, DISM, or SFC/scannow. SFC reported there were still some missing or corrupted files(I ran it first). where do I go from here?

the file in question, or path is (edited) \AppData \Roaming \Microsoft \Windows \Start Menu \Programs \Accessability \Narrator.lnk

and > Accessability \On-Screen Keyboard.lnk

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. [​IMG]

:)

MacDaddy-O, Nov 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2018
  3. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Shoshi Win User

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

1. Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. - Similar Threads - Missing Window files

2. Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing .dll Files when attempting to install game client: I am receiving two errors: VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, and MSVCP140.dll was not found. I am attempting to install the Origin game launcher, and it will not begin and giving me these errors. I have already attemped to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable...
  3. Discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord: my discord app has become corrupted...at some point the file was lost and now I cant uninstall or install discord. it cant seem to find my appdata…. please HEEEEELPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord/6feab400-d684-45a8-8c5f-9a1dd6cf6da4
  4. Missing dll file when installing program

Missing dll file when installing program: I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ? Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As...
  5. Missing dll file when installing program

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing dll file when installing program: I have tried to install a copy of epubor ultimate converter and when I go to run it it tells me that msvcr120.dll is missing. Do I just get hold of the same file from a similar machine and install it ? Some tutorials I have seen refer to installing it in System32 folder. As...
  6. When I open Discord, several world files opens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open Discord, several world files opens: When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft...
  7. Can't Unistall the Discord App

Can't Unistall the Discord App: I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can...
  8. Discord beeping when deleted and closed

Discord beeping when deleted and closed: my discord is beeping but i deleted it even from recycle bin but it's still beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-beeping-when-deleted-and-closed/e3a78bb3-cab3-45d5-80e4-39c2d4cffc4c
  9. discord

discord: I went on the discord app on my pc and it told me it had become corrupted. Then it gave me directions on how to fix it and I followed those direction. then it told me to reinstall the discord app so I did and now it says theres a problem with the java system. I don't know how...
  10. Discord Voice App: Is It Safe?

Discord Voice App: Is It Safe?: Does anyone have experience with the Discord app? I do so many sensitive and personal things on my PC that I'm VERY cautious when I install new apps that I know very little about. Is there any way I can check to see if it's safe for myself? This is the link: Discord...