Windows 10: Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Discus and support Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently had to do a System Image restore(after a Media Restore failed) on a Dell Win 10 tower with a Optane SSD for the OS. Everything is fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacDaddy-O, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Recently had to do a System Image restore(after a Media Restore failed) on a Dell Win 10 tower with a Optane SSD for the OS. Everything is fairly stable again. I started reloading my gaming software, and discovered that I am unable to install Discord. here is a picture of the Install log with the error highlighted. Something is missing. I haven't a clue where to find the missing file(s) and I have performed all the Admin Command Prompts that chkdsk, DISM, or SFC/scannow. SFC reported there were still some missing or corrupted files(I ran it first). where do I go from here?

the file in question, or path is (edited) \AppData \Roaming \Microsoft \Windows \Start Menu \Programs \Accessability \Narrator.lnk

and > Accessability \On-Screen Keyboard.lnk

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. [​IMG]

:)

MacDaddy-O, Nov 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2018
  3. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Shoshi Win User

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

1. Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app. - Similar Threads - Missing Window files

2. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  3. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  4. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Missing hosts when installing addon files for a certain app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hosts when installing addon files for a certain app: Hi,I tried installing some effects and whatnot and the installer is called Red Giant trapcode, but when I open the installer this notification appears. Not really a tech person so I don't know how to fix this. Would appreciate some feedback on how I can fix this issue.Thanks...
  6. Missing hosts when installing addon files for a certain app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing hosts when installing addon files for a certain app: Hi,I tried installing some effects and whatnot and the installer is called Red Giant trapcode, but when I open the installer this notification appears. Not really a tech person so I don't know how to fix this. Would appreciate some feedback on how I can fix this issue.Thanks...
  7. Missing hosts when installing addon files for a certain app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Discord not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discord not installing: No matter what i do discord wont install i have run antivirus and nothing i run the discord installer as admin and nothing i restarted my pc and nothing i dont know what to do it keeps saying install failed...
  9. Discord not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Discord not installing: I have tried to install discord many times but it will not install. I have tried clearing appdata\local and appdata\roaming and its has not been open in task manager but discord will not install. Here is log:...
  10. Search not discovering apps after deleting files in %appdata%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search not discovering apps after deleting files in %appdata%: I was looking through my %appdata%, and deleted some files that were related to an app I uninstalled. I mustve accidentally deleted one thats important, beacuse the next thing I knew the wallpaper was gone. I restarted my computer hoping that whatever got deleted might get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot