Windows 10: Missing Windows 10 user account

Discus and support Missing Windows 10 user account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SerenaBuchholtz, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Missing Windows 10 user account

My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user name, yet the lower level "net user <username>" command shows that account as existing AND as being active.

This is what I have tried to fix the problem to no avail:

1. Using the "net user <username> /ACTIVE:yesno" command to toggle it non-active and active. Activating the normally hidden "Administrator" user caused that username to now appear as a user to switch or log-on to. Missing Windows 10 user account 9c993543-aa0d-476c-8461-01a6b0512522?upload=true.png

2. Doing a system restore back to a point where I know that account username was listed. Doing this had no effect, the account was still listed as active with the "net user <username>" command but missing from the list of accounts to switch or log-on to.

:)

SerenaBuchholtz, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Missing Windows 10 user account :(

Zakin, Feb 13, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Missing Windows 10 user account

User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Missing Windows 10 user account

1. Missing Windows 10 user account - Similar Threads - Missing user account

2. User account missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing: Hello,I just opened my personal laptop for the first time in a week. Upon booting up, my user profile the only user profile I have ever used on this laptop was missing. The only option I have is to log in as New User with a bar to type in a password. My prior pin and my...
  3. User account missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing: Hello,I just opened my personal laptop for the first time in a week. Upon booting up, my user profile the only user profile I have ever used on this laptop was missing. The only option I have is to log in as New User with a bar to type in a password. My prior pin and my...
  4. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  5. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  6. User accounts missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts missing?: Hello! I created a user account on my father in laws computer however when I went to try to log in, I couldn’t access any accounts in the Home Screen. So I deleted thinking it may have been the issue. Now I can not log out of the Standard user account I am in and no other...
  7. User accounts missing?

User accounts missing?: Hello! I created a user account on my father in laws computer however when I went to try to log in, I couldn’t access any accounts in the Home Screen. So I deleted thinking it may have been the issue. Now I can not log out of the Standard user account I am in and no other...
  8. User accounts missing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  10. Windows 10 User Account Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 User Account Missing: My windows 10 user account is missing from the login screen. I saw that you can fix it by going in to the command prompt, but in order to do that or restore windows i need the windows 10 password, which I don't remember because I only use the pin. I logged in to my Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch account missing

2. switch user missing

3. switch user option missing

4. switch user missing windows 10