Windows 10: Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Discus and support Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MiguelKRamos, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Hello, after a prompt saying me to allow registry to be ran, it restarted my pc, after that restart i've noticed that I can't turn my firewall on, code error 0x80070422, after seeing a tutorial online to change a setting on the windows firewall service, i noticed that there were a lot of services missing, is there any way to get my services back? Also have checked if there were restore points but they were deleted also, please help asap, thanks

Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/ou9spq https://prnt.sc/ou9ssy

:)

MiguelKRamos, Aug 18, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved, and that malware removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and create media creation issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

Concillian, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

Windows 10 Firewall missing

So somewhere a while ago I had some issues with Windows core functionality missing and today I am troubleshooting. I believe that at some point I had a malware issue that I have since resolved via Malwarebytes and ESET, and that malware appears to have
    removed several key components.

Issues:

• Windows Update always fails to install updates
    • Create media with the media creation tool always hangs @ 0%
    • Can't turn on Windows Firewall (service is missing in services app)
    • Can't reinstate windows firewall via admin CMD "Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf" and firewall reset... service is still not there.
    • Can't restart firewall via 'netsh advfirewall reset' (because it doesn't appear to exist)
    • Downloading and running the windows firewall troubleshooter results in finding the issue that the firewall is not running, but has a red x and says issue not fixed.

Windows update and media creation tool issues appear to be tied back to the firewall issue. I can't download anything to help because I'm missing the firewall, and can't seem to reinstate it.

I'm running windows 10.

Concillian, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall

1. Missing Windows services and can't turn on firewall - Similar Threads - Missing services can't

2. Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on windows 10 firewall anymore!: [ATTACH] I used a "Host Patcher" to turn off an app internet access instead of using windows 10 Firewall, and since then, "firewall" service has stopped and I couldn't use firewall... now I can't use the windows firewall to block/unblock a third-party application,...
  3. Windows firewall service wont turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall service wont turn on: So before I knew that stopping the firewall service is an "unsupported configuration" which btw shouldn't be I found a way to stop it. But as of the last windows update, it is impossible to change anything about the firewall service - all the buttons are grayed out. Now I am...
  4. Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Turn On Windows Defender Firewall: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508). I'm trying to start the Windows Defender Firewall service but seems to be imposible. I tried these: 1. Run Windows Troubleshooter (this is joke app!) 2. Checked Windows Defender Firewall Service's Properties....
  5. windows firewall service

windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  6. Windows Firewall; Can't start service

Windows Firewall; Can't start service: As title says it, I can't start Windows Firewall. I changed permissions in registry so now I can at least run BFE, as it wasn't running before, but firewall is still stuck in "Starting" stage. No fixes seem to help.[ATTACH]...
  7. i can't turn on firewall!

i can't turn on firewall!: hello, i need some help with windows security and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason. it doesn't show anything when i click on one of the 3. no errors, no change at all! can anyone tell me what i should do?...
  8. can't turn windows firewall on

can't turn windows firewall on: hello how are you every one *_< here is my problem my windows fire wall won't turn on no matter what i do i tried every thing i found on the internet but with no help at all i went to services and clicked on start but every time i do it i get this error [img] and of course...
  9. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975
  10. Can't start Windows Firewall service

Can't start Windows Firewall service: When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing. [img] And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error: [img] Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more...