Windows 10: Misspelled email address login

Discus and support Misspelled email address login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PDXErik, Oct 4, 2018.

1. PDXErik Win User

Misspelled email address login

We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled.

We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change the password with the correct email address through the "forgot password" method. However the correct email address doesn't translate to the login page.

Is there any way to change the username attempting to login. We have valid credentials, the laptop isn't showing us where to put them in.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

:)

PDXErik, Oct 4, 2018

2. How can I reset the email address suggestion list or remove a misspelled email address?

Hello,

In the e-mail clients there's a suggestion list when I type the e-mail address (to/cc/bcc)... in this list there's a misspelled e-mail address, but I don't know how can I remove it... Please help Misspelled email address login :)

(WP7 - Mango)

Regards,

Norbert

Járja Norbert, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Add email addresses to suggested words?

Is there any way to add email addresses to the list of suggested words when typing with the keyboard? The help says to highlight the misspelled word, then click the + symbol. But, I cannot highlight a whole email address and get the + symbol.

For example:

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

The "MyName" has a red squiggly and if I highlight that part of the address the + symbol appears, but if I highlight the entire address the + symbol goes away.

How can I stop from having to type in email addresses over and over and over?

Thanks.

ComputerFields, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Misspelled email address login

Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Misspelled email address login

1. Misspelled email address login - Similar Threads - Misspelled email address

2. Recovery Email Misspelled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Email Misspelled: I am assisting someone who cannot sign-in to windows on their laptop. They mistyped their email address for both the account and recovery email typed ggmail.com instead of gmail.com. When we put in an account recovery request it said the automated system has determined the...
  3. Recovery Email Misspelled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Email Misspelled: I am assisting someone who cannot sign-in to windows on their laptop. They mistyped their email address for both the account and recovery email typed ggmail.com instead of gmail.com. When we put in an account recovery request it said the automated system has determined the...
  4. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  5. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  6. Default login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default login email address: Hi, I recently created a new email and was wondering if I could switch the default email address while keeping all my data and such. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-login-email-address/d4a53151-c770-4cbc-bc66-31ad689e707d
  7. W10 Login email address

W10 Login email address: My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for...
  8. misspelled e- mail address.

misspelled e- mail address.: How do I correct a misspelled? Microsoft popup keeps telling me my e-mail address needs to be corrected but it won`t let me . All I`m changing is one letter but it says it`s not available....
  9. Change Login Email Address

Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  10. Misspelled email address login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mis spelled gmail address

2. misspelled my email address in windows 10