Windows 10: Misspelled words

Discus and support Misspelled words in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianeGolder1, May 18, 2020.

1. Misspelled words

I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I don't know where the problem originates from, Windows, Microsoft, Edge, etc. I first noticed this with using Goggle Chrome and MSN as my home page. I deleted my Goggle account and went to Edge, the same problems. The only browser that doesn't show this problem is Firefox. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to correct it? I have enjoyed using Goggle Chrome, but to tell you the truth the misspelled words are DRIVING ME CRAZY.

This is an example from lower on this page that I copied and pasted:

Need help wif a technical question? Need Assistance? Select dis option to ask the community.

:)

DianeGolder1, May 18, 2020
  2. TJB664 Win User

Correcting Misspelled word in calendar appointments

Several months ago I entered a recurring appointment in to the calendar on my T-Mobile Dash and synced it with MS Outlook. I recently noticed I misspelled a word and corrected on my T-Mobile Dash several times and I noticed that it reverts back to
    the misspelled word. I spoke with someone at T-mobile, I was told to delete the appointment and start over. Is there no way to correct a misspelled work with out starting over?
    Is there a setting on the phone or in MS Outlook that I missed?
    Thank you for any suggestions and or help.

TJB664, May 18, 2020
  3. dj1096 Win User
    Why does the "Text Suggestions" misspell the words?

Why does the "Text Suggestions" misspell the word if I have already typed a letter? This is an eexample

I am on a 2016 Dell Venue Pro tablet running Windows 10

dj1096, May 18, 2020
  4. tyagih Win User

Misspelled words

'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' NOT working in Windows 10 Pro

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T450) and facing issue with 'Autocorrect/Highlight misspelled words' option. Windows is not autocorrecting or highlighting the misspelled words in any of the application. I have checked the following
    Windows settings and both these options are enabled there.

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Autocorrect misspelled words

Settings -> Devices -> Typing -> Spelling -> Highlight misspelled words

I have tried turning off/on these settings but it didn't help.

Is anybody out there also facing this issue. What could be the resolution steps to fix this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

tyagih, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Misspelled words

1. Misspelled words - Similar Threads - Misspelled words

2. Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.: When filling in almost all information, almost all of the words are underlined in red to indicate that they are misspelled. For example, in the previous sentence, 15 words were underlined....
  3. Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.: When filling in almost all information, almost all of the words are underlined in red to indicate that they are misspelled. For example, in the previous sentence, 15 words were underlined....
  4. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off: Can someone tell me which program does the setting Typing >"highlight misspelled words" work in???? I tried 10000 apps and it always highlight misspelled words. Please do not say Mail app and skype. In mail and skype apps when I type something misspelled and it always get red...
  5. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off: Can someone tell me which program does the setting Typing >"highlight misspelled words" work in???? I tried 10000 apps and it always highlight misspelled words. Please do not say Mail app and skype. In mail and skype apps when I type something misspelled and it always get red...
  6. Setting Typing highlight misspelled words always on even though it is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...: Hi guysI can seem to find a way to remove a misspelling / misspelled word from my 'personal dictionary' in Windows 10. In Window 10 setting Inking & typing personalisation I have the 'getting to know you' setting turned on and I can tap / click on 'View your personal...
  8. Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...

Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...: Hi guysI can seem to find a way to remove a misspelling / misspelled word from my 'personal dictionary' in Windows 10. In Window 10 setting Inking & typing personalisation I have the 'getting to know you' setting turned on and I can tap / click on 'View your personal...
  9. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  10. How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10: In Windows 10, misspelled words get autocorrected and highlighted automatically. However, if you want to turn off Spell Checker & Auto-Correct functionalities, you can do it via Settings as well as using REGEDIT and GPEDIT. Today we show you how to do it using the Local Group...