Windows 10: mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP"

Discus and support mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I Windows 10, After "SLEEP", I have only blank screen. My friend has the same problem. please see the attached photo! 95375 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hamidaustria, Oct 12, 2017.

1. mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP"

Hi, I Windows 10, After "SLEEP", I have only blank screen. My friend has the same problem. please see the attached photo!

:)

hamidaustria, Oct 12, 2017
  2. jbennett1 Win User

power saving Windows 10

In Windows 10 the screen goes blank after 3 minutes. I have gone into Settings and changed Power & Screen to 5 minutes battery and 15 minutes power. Both still go blank on screen and sleep after 3 minutes. How do I make it stay on longer? I use a HP laptop.
    I could not find an "apply " instruction after making the changes is this correct and it does it apply the change automatically?

jbennett1, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Paul VA Win User
    Blank Screen Windows 10

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

and UNCHECK the "Fast Startup" for Windows 10.

The fast startup leaves you in a sleep with blank screen, and to be able to even log in, just hit the startup button quickly.

Paul VA, Oct 12, 2017
  4. mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP"

Hi hamidaustria. Welcome to the TenForums @hamidaustria

Just confirming is this after sleep or is it possibly after hibernation (deeper sleep invoked after a longer period of time.)

Any chance you have a Wireless card in your box? Asking as another user was / is having issues. If they remove wireless card everything is fine after sleep. With it installed it goes blank. Just thought I would ask in case we have a pattern happening.

Caledon Ken, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Hi, I have removed the Wireless card, after sleep the problem remain.

hamidaustria, Oct 12, 2017
  6. Well no pattern, thank you for trying.

Back to first question, are you sure it is sleep and not hibernation. Sounds like when you ran wireless test it was waking from simple sleep.

In device manager are any devices flagged with an exclamation point?

You said you and your friend have this issue. Can I ask what video card do you have?

Is it an expansion card on onboard?

and is your friends machine the same equipment?

Did this just start recently?

Have you checked windows update history to see what has been installed since the problem started?

What version build are you on. Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

I space my response out so you can put answers beside each question.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 13, 2017
  7. Back to first question, are you sure it is sleep and not hibernation. Sounds like when you ran wireless test it was waking from simple sleep.
    -Yes. I'm sure.
    The Wireless card is not internal but i just removed it from PC.

In device manager are any devices flagged with an exclamation point?
    -All the drivers are correctly installed and there is no exclamation point in device manager.

You said you and your friend have this issue. Can I ask what video card do you have?
    -There is no extra graphic cards other than main on-board. (The motherboard is Asus) with intel core i5 CPU.

Is it an expansion card on onboard?
    -no.

and is your friends machine the same equipment?
    -My friend has also the same motherboard with core i7 (6700k i think).

Did this just start recently?
    -Both of us after updating to newest version of Windows.

What version build are you on.
    - Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.674)

hamidaustria, Oct 13, 2017
  8. Gordon7 Win User

mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP"

Gordon7, Oct 13, 2017
  9. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Oct 13, 2017
  10. Okay but you are using OnBoard Graphics, which graphics engine is it using. Have you tried rolling back driver?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP"

1. mistake by windows 10: Blank Screen after "SLEEP" - Similar Threads - mistake Blank Screen

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  5. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  6. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

7. Blank screen during hibernate/sleep Windows 10

Blank screen during hibernate/sleep Windows 10: My computer hangs during hibernation. That is, it starts the process, my monitor goes dark, but the computersometimes remains on. It happens once every several attempts. I'd say when going to hibernate I have a 50/50 chance of the computer actually going into hibernation,...
  8. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  9. Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10: So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I was met with a blank screen and only the cursor swapping to the timer every few seconds. I reset it today and met with the...
  10. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...