Windows 10: Mistake with my Users folder

Discus and support Mistake with my Users folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to change the location for 'Downloads' and I somehow made a mistake and made my user folder display downloads as its name. And now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dushi1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Dushi1 Win User

Mistake with my Users folder

I was trying to change the location for 'Downloads' and I somehow made a mistake and made my user folder display downloads as its name. And now when I click on 'Downloads' it shows the downloads folder with all of my user files inside of it, is there any way to fix this? Sorry if this doesn't make any sense
    Mistake with my Users folder c3cf1a2d-86ff-429f-9561-8650cdca9a1e?upload=true.png

Mistake with my Users folder 87ba4a0e-ef93-4333-b652-6265bc3c2133?upload=true.png

Mistake with my Users folder ebbe1daf-21d3-439c-9447-d26361c8b2d3?upload=true.png

:)

Dushi1, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Mistake with my Users folder

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Mistake with my Users folder

1. Mistake with my Users folder - Similar Threads - Mistake Users folder

2. My Account has been transferred by mistake to another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Account has been transferred by mistake to another user: I need to revert my account back to original settings as my daughter used my laptop and inadvertently changed the e mail to her own when being asked to sign in editing a document in MS Office. Now I cant access my account please help...
  3. My Account has been transferred by mistake to another user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Account has been transferred by mistake to another user: I need to revert my account back to original settings as my daughter used my laptop and inadvertently changed the e mail to her own when being asked to sign in editing a document in MS Office. Now I cant access my account please help...
  4. Made a mistake and user files got archived in a temporary user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake and user files got archived in a temporary user folder: so one of my friends had the temporary profile issue due to an update, and when i tried to fix that i made a mistake by changing the the user's folder location in the registry :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileListso i changed it from the...
  5. Made a mistake and user files got archived in a temporary user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Made a mistake and user files got archived in a temporary user folder: so one of my friends had the temporary profile issue due to an update, and when i tried to fix that i made a mistake by changing the the user's folder location in the registry :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileListso i changed it from the...
  6. mistake when moving downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mistake when moving downloads folder: recently I tried to move my downloads and pictures folder to drive D, but somehow I managed to move them to the same location.now whenever I try to move one of them including reset to old location, the other is moved as well.how can I separate them again?...
  7. Cancelled my user account by mistake.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cancelled my user account by mistake.: Hello, My computer is running Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18363.356) In my haste in trying to get rid of the annoying sign-in requirement, I ended up cancelling my wdagutility account. As a result, the computer signs in without the need of a password to the local...
  8. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...: Pls help submitted by /u/Delete-JakePaul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jibqp2/my_user_folder_has_just_disappeared_not_the_users/
  9. Really stupid mistake with user profiles

Really stupid mistake with user profiles: Made PC like a yr ago and was stupid and put my SSD as C: Drive. Today, realized i had no space left on it so I tried copying my user profile to my 2TB E: drive. After it copied I tried deleting from C: and now everything is messed up. I really don't know what to do if...
  10. Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.

Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.: I built my first desktop the other day and I'm using an SSD and mechanical hard drive. I was looking up how to change the location of the documents folder so it's not on the SSD and put onto the mechanical hard drive. I thought I was doing everything correctly but did not...