Windows 10: Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup

Discus and support Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've just got a new laptop and was going through the win 10 Pro setup and incorrectly chose for it to be a work PC when I should have set it up as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andy Reilly, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup

Hi

I've just got a new laptop and was going through the win 10 Pro setup and incorrectly chose for it to be a work PC when I should have set it up as a personal. I've got all the way through and it wants an 'Other user' login and password which I dont have. How can I reset the laptop so I can say its personal rather than work. The laptop came pre-loaded with no media disk.

What's my way out of this issue.

:)

Andy Reilly, Nov 3, 2020

2. Restore app in Most Used List

Hi,

I mistakenly chose "Don't show in this list" for an app in the Most Used List in the Start Menu (Win 10).

How can I make it show again?

cmontero78, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Organization vs Personal Setup Windows 10

Bought a new computer and mistakenly set it up as if it was part of an organization and need to roll it back to setup for personal use. Any idea how to do that? I can't even log onto the computer at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

AndrewOGCoop, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup

1. Mistakenly chose work rather than personal in win 10 setup - Similar Threads - Mistakenly chose rather

2. Setup Work Account on Personal Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Work Account on Personal Computer: Hi guys,I've been trying to create another user and use my work email for that user but somehow I cannot. I tried looking for a tutorial but there's one thing missing, I don't have the option to add another user using a work or school account. On Settings -> Accounts -> Other...
  3. Setup Work Account on Personal Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Work Account on Personal Computer: Hi guys,I've been trying to create another user and use my work email for that user but somehow I cannot. I tried looking for a tutorial but there's one thing missing, I don't have the option to add another user using a work or school account. On Settings -> Accounts -> Other...
  4. How can I fix my PC defaulting to work account rather than personal account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC defaulting to work account rather than personal account?: I have a personal Office 365 but I also work for a few different companies who also use Office 365. I work on my own PC and my own laptop, as the sole administrator and user.I sign in and out of my remote workspace accounts all day when accessing OneDrive files or web-based...
  5. How can I fix my PC defaulting to work account rather than personal account?

How can I fix my PC defaulting to work account rather than personal account?: I have a personal Office 365 but I also work for a few different companies who also use Office 365. I work on my own PC and my own laptop, as the sole administrator and user.I sign in and out of my remote workspace accounts all day when accessing OneDrive files or web-based...
  6. setup PIN error- personal laptop - win 11

setup PIN error- personal laptop - win 11: Hi, I had a PIN issue on my personal laptop so I have deleted Ngc folder items but then, when I wanted to setup a new PIN I got the below message. I don't have any organization account, just my university account which I never wanted to add that as of my laptop account. But...
  7. Chose work instead of personal during setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Chose work instead of personal during setup: While setting up my computer, I accidentally choose to set up my laptop for work/education use instead of personal. Since I don't have a work/education login, I'm unable to get in. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  8. Audio defaults to 7.1 speaker setup on startup, rather than Atmos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio defaults to 7.1 speaker setup on startup, rather than Atmos: Is there anyway to force it to Atmos permanently using regedit? submitted by /u/NotEqual [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmcus5/audio_defaults_to_71_speaker_setup_on_startup/
  9. Making Win 10 'Start' menu 'written list' rather than tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Win 10 'Start' menu 'written list' rather than tiles.: Hello all. Setting up a new Win 10 PC for my mum-in-law, and wish to make it look like my own Win 10 PC - but I can't remember how I did this. Currently her 'Start' menu looks like, well, the normal Win 10 one (see first photo). I wish to lose the list of tiled Apps and...
  10. Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows setup direct to personal one-drive rather to business one driv: Hi all, hope you can answer on this one: I have purchase my office suit with via my business account. However, when I log in to my windows , it is linking my onedrive to my personal L: x.xx@hotmail.com (which is my microsoft ID) even tough I sign out from L:...