Windows 10: Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu

Discus and support Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was trying to install windows 7 in my Laptop without a usb or CD. With disk image file. I tried to boot it by easyBCD but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HamzaKaleem, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu

Hello everyone,

I was trying to install windows 7 in my Laptop without a usb or CD. With disk image file.

I tried to boot it by easyBCD but I mistakenly deleted windows 10 from boot menu and I can neither boot from windows 7(some file problem) nor Windows 10.

Can anyone help me resolve the issue.

:)

HamzaKaleem, Sep 22, 2019

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. 10TaTioN Win User

Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu

Boot up selections, how to delete menu

This is your problem (but says Windows 7 -- this image is from Google anyway)

Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu [​IMG]

And you don't want to see this menu again, right?

if so there's two ways.

One is to hide the Window, but it will remain hidden even if you install another OS:

Right Click "My Computer" > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > Uncheck the "Time to Display list of Operating Systems", and click OK.

The other solution is to remove the old entry from the BootMenu:

Download and Install EasyBCD Beta 64 with Win7 Support.

Run EasyBCD > Add/Remove Entries > Manage Existing Entries > Remove the ones you don't want > Click Save.

That's it.

10TaTioN, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu

1. Mistakenly deleted Windows 10 from boot menu - Similar Threads - Mistakenly deleted boot

2. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system: I was experiencing some issues with my wireless keyboard So I decided to uninstall then update it. I failed to see that an option for deleting the driver software was ticked and so it was uninstalled AND deleted from my device manager. Keep in mind this is a "plug and play"...
  3. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system: I was experiencing some issues with my wireless keyboard So I decided to uninstall then update it. I failed to see that an option for deleting the driver software was ticked and so it was uninstalled AND deleted from my device manager. Keep in mind this is a "plug and play"...
  4. Mistakenly deleted driver software from device manager/system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I mistakenly deleted a SharedTaskScheduler Startup Process from Windows? Is there anyway to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I mistakenly deleted a SharedTaskScheduler Startup Process from Windows? Is there anyway to...: The Registry Key Value is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\SharedTaskSchedulerThe String Value Name is: {5FF49FE8-B332-4CB9-B102-FB6951629E55}The String Value Data is: Virtual Storage Mount NotificationThe File is:...
  6. I mistakenly deleted a SharedTaskScheduler Startup Process from Windows? Is there anyway to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I mistakenly deleted a SharedTaskScheduler Startup Process from Windows? Is there anyway to...: The Registry Key Value is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\SharedTaskSchedulerThe String Value Name is: {5FF49FE8-B332-4CB9-B102-FB6951629E55}The String Value Data is: Virtual Storage Mount NotificationThe File is:...
  7. Delete boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete boot menu: I had installed Debian 11 software in my laptop HP15s windows 10I now want to delete debian software I have deleted the partition which i created when installing Now i want to delete debian in boot menu So can you guys help me in deleting debian in boot menu..? Any solution...
  8. I mistakenly deleted a lot key from my Windows Register

I mistakenly deleted a lot key from my Windows Register: Hello everyone I need your help, I mistakenly deleted a lot keys from my Windows Register and now my windows update is not in the msc.service and the wuauserv is not in windows register as a result my windows update is encountering error....
  9. Mistakenly deleted photos from SD card.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mistakenly deleted photos from SD card.: Mistakenly deleted photos from SD card. Not in recycle bin. Computer is in S mode so Recuva is not an option. Help. These are one of a kind photos...
  10. No boot from menu

No boot from menu: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 32bit and have made a bootable usb Windows 10 64bit using 'Windows 10 media creation tool. My mother board (ms-7788) originally came with Windows 7 and its own bios. I now can't access the original bios and the uefi gives me no boot from option....