Windows 10: Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account

Discus and support Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was researching two function authentication for my Microsoft account and mistakenly requested an alternate email address, and now my account is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LA RUL, Dec 28, 2020.

1. LA RUL Win User

Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account

I was researching two function authentication for my Microsoft account and mistakenly requested an alternate email address, and now my account is frozen for 30 days. When I request this change to be stopped I am asked to verify my request using a code sent to my phone. Unfortunately the phone number was input long ago and is a landline that does not accept text. Since Microsoft Support no longer takes phone questions, this forum is my only avenue for information. I will not go through the Wiki Tech nonsense for support. What can I do to stop the security information change?

:)

LA RUL, Dec 28, 2020

2. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I continue to get “Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” I want to use an alternate email address to request
    a code! Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account using an alternate email address ASAP!

SSJ9BKDylan, Dec 28, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account

Microsoft Alias Account Email Issue

I am trying to change the primary account email address but am receiving an error that lists "the email address is already taken".

Here's the deal, I created the account I want to use today years ago with an old college email and I believe it will be expiring soon and I want to update the email to my gmail account. Problem is that I also mistakenly created another separate account with
    the gmail email address a few months ago. I realized this and so I requested the the newer gmail microsoft account be closed so I can update the email. I received the "account closed" email this morning and when I tried to add that email (gmail) to the old
    microsoft account, I got the same error that lists the email as being taken.

Anyone know how to fix this?

JamesDoull, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account

1. Mistakenly requested alternate email address for Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Mistakenly requested alternate

2. Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.: I purchased an online copy of Office from Costco to be installed on my primary Microsoft email address. When I clicked to activate the software, my alternate address was preloaded and I didn't realize it. I need it changed over to my other email address. How can I do this?...
  3. Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activated Office on my alternate Microsoft email address.: I purchased an online copy of Office from Costco to be installed on my primary Microsoft email address. When I clicked to activate the software, my alternate address was preloaded and I didn't realize it. I need it changed over to my other email address. How can I do this?...
  4. Unknown Alternate email Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Alternate email Address: Hi,- I recently purchased a new Lenovo Thinkbook laptop- I updated Windows 10 which prompted me to reset the laptop.- Upon resetting I was taken to a screen requesting my Bit Locker recovery key, which I do not know- I logged into my Microsoft Account on another computer and...
  5. Microsoft account email address

Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  6. Forgot the Alternate Email Address

Forgot the Alternate Email Address: Hi, I have an alternate email address from 5+ years ago in my account for when Microsoft needed to send me security codes for it to confirm my identity. My problem is that I forgot my alternate email address and when I tried to changed it, Microsoft tells me that now I need...
  7. Help with removing mistaken email address in People

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with removing mistaken email address in People: What a frustrating situation! When I first entered my son-in-law's email address, I hit a wrong key. Instead of sbcglobal I entered abcglobal. Now the erroneous address is permanently in my address book. When I type his name, the wrong address appears along with the correct...
  8. Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please add the ability to unlock a locked Microsoft account with an alternative email address: I have a Microsoft account that has been locked because I was trying to send an email! When I try to use my phone number to get a security code, I continue to get “Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow.” I want to use an alternate email address to request a code! Please...
  9. microsoft account & IP address request

microsoft account & IP address request: Received phone call with my phone number displayed stating that my Microsoft account & IP address had been hacked in several countries and that I had to stay on the line and have my IP address changed for security reasons. They have called several time in the last 3 hours....
  10. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...