Windows 10: Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working

Discus and support Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My office upgraded my laptop with an SSD and a clean install of Windows 10 which I immediately updated to the 20H2 update (I was using this earlier on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/t_lal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. /u/t_lal Win User

Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working

My office upgraded my laptop with an SSD and a clean install of Windows 10 which I immediately updated to the 20H2 update (I was using this earlier on the HDD with no issues).

I noticed after a few days that my Bluetooth was cutting out after pausing content on my headphones, and the headphones would not receive any audio for about 30 secs even though its connected.

I tired everything, even uninstalling drivers. Finally managed to get it working by installing an old driver ( Didn’t work the first time around)

Now Ive done something and my Bluetooth Audio Gateway service and it will not start (error1075), and handsfree Bluetooth doesn't work. Only stereo Bluetooth. I tried the dependency delete fix in the registry and that popped a different error.

Is there any way to restore the service correctly without having to do a clean install? I tried replacing the registry files, and all using some internet files, but nothing works.

submitted by /u/t_lal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/t_lal, Nov 18, 2020

2. Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Were you able to either update or reinstall the Bluetooth driver on the PC?

Step 1: Suggest you to set the audio device as default and check if that helps.

Refer to the steps under the section ‘Set default device’ from this article.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Step2: Further, you may also want to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from Device Manager and reinstall the latest driver to check if that helps.

Refer to the steps under the section ‘Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager’ from this article.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

The BthHFSrv is the Bluetooth hands free service. This service enables wireless Bluetooth headsets to run on your computer. If this service is stopped or disabled, then Bluetooth headsets will not function properly with this machine.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 18, 2020
  3. ANUoldman Win User
    Bluetooth handsfree?

it works the same everytime:

- connect bluetooth to car as handsfree

- find contact and initiate call

- while 'connecting' checking menu confirms 'handsfree on'

- once connected, 'handsfree off' and call is routed to handset

- menu to turn 'handsfree on' works and call is transferred to car

initiating call from car works fine

so the Blackjack / Windows Mobile / or the Bluetooth protocol is incorrectly selecting 'handsfree off' at the moment the call is connected

everything else works fine, dialing from car, answering calls, switching lines, etc.

interestingly, I tested the Samsung A717 and it works correctly, suggesting the Samsung Bluetooth implementation is correct and it's a WM5 thing

ANUoldman, Nov 18, 2020
  4. ceduriki Win User

Bluetooth Services

I've been using the audio gateway on my phone for a while, but when I actually looked through the list of services it does provide, I found it to be quite large. For some reason, my computer doesn't support many of these, such as remote control etc.

I'm pretty sure it has more or less to do with my bluetooth adapter, because it gives me only a small list of the total services it can accept. Anybody have any idea how I can add more?

ceduriki, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Mistakes were Made, Service Screwed, Need Help, Bluetooth Handsfree not working - Similar Threads - Mistakes were Made

2. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  3. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  4. Bluetooth Handsfree earphones mic not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree earphones mic not working.: Hello so I have bluetooth earphones with a mic and tested on Windows works fine. For some reason they not working in Gears 5 I can hear people through the earphones but they can not hear me. All my privacy is setup correctly and when Gears loads up Windows shows Gears using...
  5. Help. Mistakes were made.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Mistakes were made.: (Sorry for bad formatting, I'm on mobile) My mother has two old laptops that were still running on Windows 8 and 8.1 Recently the computer she regularly uses for photo editing has been breaking down, so in a worst-case-scenario, sadly, she had to resort to using one of these...
  6. I've made a huge mistake with the folder WindowsApps and need help desperately!

I've made a huge mistake with the folder WindowsApps and need help desperately!: Okay so this all started when I wanted to 2 put of 1 app I the start menu like at the top my most used apps and then under other stuff like social media and games so i was gonna need 2 of 1 app in the start menu I figured out a way to do that, I had to copy paste the .exe...
  7. Help - made a mistake and can't fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - made a mistake and can't fix...: I just bought a Synology NAS and connected it to my home network. I am using it as the central storage for all files. I wanted the Desktop on my CPU to be a location on that NAS (in other words, instead of things I save on my Desktop residing on my c drive (or OneDrive), the...
  8. I made a mistake and i kinda need help

I made a mistake and i kinda need help: Hiya, I just bought a windows 10 pro key and happily went off to reedem it, but, sadly i reedemed it in the wrong place(i was signed in to the wrong account on windows). And im clueless on what to do. Do i have to buy another code or can i somehow retrieve this one? Any help...
  9. Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work: My microphone doesnt works. Whenh I pair this: [ATTACH] The sound window is shown as that: [ATTACH] Phone and microphone doesnt works. Then when I disable the Handsfree, just the phone works. Then, I conect the Handsfree again, it stop to work again. Sometimes, when...
  10. Made a Mistake with Python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Made a Mistake with Python: I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings. Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I...