Windows 10: Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10

Discus and support Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. This is what my Windows Update page says under Settings: You're up to date. Last checked: Today at 1:42 PM You’re currently running a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G. Anne Broughton, May 24, 2020.

1. Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10

Hello.

This is what my Windows Update page says under Settings:

You're up to date.

Last checked: Today at 1:42 PM

You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements.

According to the "about" page, I am running version 1809.

According to the update history on the Windows Update page, I am running version1909.

The update history list, top two lines:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 2

Last failed install attempt on ‎5/‎9/‎2020 - 0xc1900101

Is there any action I need to take?

:)

G. Anne Broughton, May 24, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2020
  4. Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10

1. Mixed messages about need for version update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mixed messages need

2. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  3. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  4. Mixes Messages on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixes Messages on Windows 11: So I thought I'd upgrade. I ran the Microsoft PC Health app and it said the PC meets Windows 11 requirements. I clicked on device specifications and it said again, This PC will run Windows 11. Then I went to my Windows Update page on "settings" and it gave me the message that...
  5. Mixes Messages on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixes Messages on Windows 11: So I thought I'd upgrade. I ran the Microsoft PC Health app and it said the PC meets Windows 11 requirements. I clicked on device specifications and it said again, This PC will run Windows 11. Then I went to my Windows Update page on "settings" and it gave me the message that...
  6. About windows 10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About windows 10 version 2004 update: I find that this update is not compatible with my computer, it always starts update when my computer is idle, and it will report error when the update reach 99.9%. Then it will use about half hour to restore to previous version, did anyone have encounter this problem and how...
  7. About Windows 10 version 2004 update

About Windows 10 version 2004 update: Hey. is the version 2004 update is temporarily suspended to all the users that use NVIDIA GPU. Because I use a NVIDIA GPU for my Acer laptop and in the update settings it says there is an issue and update is still on its way. So I checked the known issues for version 2004...
  8. About Windows 10 update to version 2004

About Windows 10 update to version 2004: Before a week ago my got the message that windows 10 version 2004 is available and it showed the option to "download and Install". But today I checked it again to install the update it shows a message that says, " windows 10 version 2004 is on its way and once it is ready...
  9. I need to help about windows 10 version 1803 update to version 1909

I need to help about windows 10 version 1803 update to version 1909: Hello I need to help about windows 10 update version 1909 Now we have computer windows 10 version 1803 around 650 PCs. we want to update to windows 10 version 1909 to all computer. Do you have solution for support this update? *All computer is connect network and control by...
  10. I need to solve these problems, about windows 10 update to version 1803

I need to solve these problems, about windows 10 update to version 1803: while I was installing windows 10 version 1803 by use the three ways to do that, I face some problem, such as these errors : 0xC1900107, 0xC1900101 and 0x30018. Is that because there is some errors of definitions, from anti virus or what??!! I need to upgrade me operation...