Windows 10: Mixed reality headset issue

Discus and support Mixed reality headset issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lara Feldmann, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mixed reality headset issue

I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it into 3.0 port. When I plug it into the 3.0 , I get an error message about connecting my headset

:)

Lara Feldmann, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Mixed Reality

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues connecting the Lenovo Mixed Reality headset and you get your message “Connect your headset”. We will certainly assist you with this issue.

Usually, we see this message if the device is not connected properly or the Device Manager is unable to load the drivers for the headset.

The use of USB or HDMI extension cables is not officially supported with Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Due to varying resulting signal integrity and bus power between your PC's USB controller and the Mixed Reality headset, the use of such cables
    may significantly impact your Mixed Reality experience.

I would suggest you to check the steps under section“I get a message that says "Connect your headset" even though I’ve plugged in my headset”
    in
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality

If you are using adapters you may also want to check the article on
    Recommended adapters.

However, the issue could be due to the use of extension cables. Please let us know what happens when you connect the headset without using the extension cables.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows Mixed Reality Headset No Display

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with using Mixed Reality Headset on your PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

You may want to refer the section My headset displays are black from the article

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality
    and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Mixed reality headset issue

Mixed Reality Headset not recognized...

Hi Leo,

Reinstalling Windows 10, installing the latest updates for Windows and drivers should resolve most issues experienced on Windows.

Since your PC couldn't make the headset work even after reinstalling Windows 10, it is possible that there is something on your hardware that won't make the headset work.

In the meantime, you may refer to the Windows Mixed Reality: Enthusiast's Guide for
    troubleshooting steps that may possibly resolve the issue, or you may use your headset
    using your laptop.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Mixed reality headset issue

1. Mixed reality headset issue - Similar Threads - Mixed reality headset

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Usb 3.0 issue-Mixed Reality

Usb 3.0 issue-Mixed Reality: When I open mixed reality before plugging in the USB for my HP reverb G2, it displays that my pc meets the requirements and has USB 3.0 but when plugging in the USB to any port an error is triggered stating the USB cable is not connected to a USB 3.0 port. This error occurs...
  4. Usb 3.0 issue-Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3.0 issue-Mixed Reality: When I open mixed reality before plugging in the USB for my HP reverb G2, it displays that my pc meets the requirements and has USB 3.0 but when plugging in the USB to any port an error is triggered stating the USB cable is not connected to a USB 3.0 port. This error occurs...
  5. Issue with Windows Mixed Reality and Controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Mixed Reality and Controllers: I've searched far and wide for a solution, but have yet to find one. Hopefully someone here can help me out. I have a Lenovo Explorer and I'm on the latest Windows 10 update. Issues started about 2 weeks ago. First steam VR would be black and my controllers would not...
  6. help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset: Hi, I was working on an Unity application with the Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality headset.It was working fine for the 4-5 hours, however, one of the lens suddenly went white and stopped displaying images. I tried restarting the computer, unplugging and plugging the...
  7. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  8. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10: How to: See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 How to See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact. Just like your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I get a message that says “Connect your headset” even though I’ve plugged in my headset.