Windows 10: Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc

Discus and support Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop HP computer operating windows 10 with Edge browser has suddenly gone crazy. Control Panel is very small, Fonts on Outlook are very small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shopensky, Aug 12, 2019.

1. shopensky Win User

Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc

My desktop HP computer operating windows 10 with Edge browser has suddenly gone crazy. Control Panel is very small, Fonts on Outlook are very small Start color is black and wont change. While colors and fonts on web pages are normal.

Can you help me get the thing back to normal?

:)

shopensky, Aug 12, 2019
  2. W.Erick Win User

Control panel font size too small.

I have IE 11 with windows 10 on a Lenovo 20A7 X1 Carbon laptop, which has a touch screen.

The font size for the Control Panel's own fonts (and some other instances) cannot be changed with the methods given for other types of menus, etc. Also, changing the screen resolution does no good for this problem. The touch screen does not work to increase
    the size with the pinch gesture for these screen contents. The zoom (using Control & + - keys works fine for most other screen views, but has no effect whatsoever on the Control panel's own (as well as some of the other) font sizes. Also, the "BRIEFING" news
    software (which came loaded on my computer when purchased) does not respond to the touch screen sizing, so the text remains too small for comfortable reading.

Overall, Microsoft has done a horrible job regarding text size control on Windows 10. There have been way too many things that have been left to the computer owners to have to deal with in order to get fixed!

Is there any chance that Microsoft will be fixing these problem anytime soon? Would appreciate some suggestions.

W.Erick, Aug 12, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc

Control panel font size too small.

If you don't mind tinkering a bit with the registry, you can try modifying the following entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"MS Shell Dlg"="Microsoft Sans Serif"

Change "Microsoft Sans Serif" to "Tahoma" (or any other font you like). Note that you can only change the font, but not its size. Also beware that some dialogs may not adjust their sizes according to the font, so depending on the font you choose you may
    end up messing up with the appearance of the dialogs. From my experience, Tahoma seems to work well.

I think the problem is because the default system font size (9) is too small for MS Sans Serif. In Windows 10 the default system font seems to have been changed to Segoe UI, but some control panel dialogs still use the above settings for their fonts.

Sator Proton, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc

1. Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc - Similar Threads - Mixed size Fonts

2. about changing background color, font size and font color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about changing background color, font size and font color: how to change background color, type of font, font color & font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-changing-background-color-font-size-and-font/3631f093-37ba-4f64-af6f-bb637ddf8310
  3. about changing background color, font size and font color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about changing background color, font size and font color: how to change background color, type of font, font color & font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-changing-background-color-font-size-and-font/3631f093-37ba-4f64-af6f-bb637ddf8310
  4. Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11: Hi! I am trying to change the display of the Control Panel on Windows 11. I find the text there on the Control Panel, not outside of it difficult to read because the font there is too small and it is bothering to read at night, because it keeps the light mode even when the...
  5. How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc: Hi. I am a person with a visual impairment and just recent;y got a new laptop. Currently setting it up but despite all my best efforts I can't seem to get the system font size of things like Control Panel or the Properties windows of files larger. I'm also missing the...
  6. Font size is to small (difficult to read)

Font size is to small (difficult to read): In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6 pt font??? For example In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6...
  7. No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel: I used to be able to select Stereo Mix under the Recording tab in the Sound control panel but it's no longer there. I checked to be sure all devices, including disabled ones, are displayed, but that wasn't the problem. I also checked to be sure I'm running the latest drivers....
  8. small display and font size

small display and font size: I was having problems with the sound on my desk top PC. I went to setting under audio/sound, I accidently clicked something that made every thing on my screen quite small. I can change the font size, but every thing else is still small. This is a problem to me because I...
  9. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546
  10. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...