Windows 10: Mixed up account information - Windows 10

Discus and support Mixed up account information - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by geistman, Jan 16, 2022.

1. geistman Win User

Mixed up account information - Windows 10

I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I change the info to the new account?Second question:When she clicks on Manage my Microsoft account, the browser opens up, but instead of her account, it shows my account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How can this be fixed so that her account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is designated as "My Microsoft account."Thanks in advance.

:)

geistman, Jan 16, 2022

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Mixed up account information - Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Mixed up account information - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mixed account information

2. Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls: I bought a used HP touchscreen laptop from Amazon,it came with 1 yr free of Microsoft. I set up my computer like we all do and had no problems at all but as soon as I claimed my free year of Microsoft,I go and log nto my account and I see hat I was put onto a family account...
  3. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  4. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  5. Microsoft Account has computer identities mixed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account has computer identities mixed up.: I have two computers. One is mine, the other my wife's. I am running Windows 11, she Windows 10. When I purchased the Office subscription using my Microsoft account and shared it with her and downloaded it to both computers, Office on my computer shows her picture and name,...
  6. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  7. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  8. Account and email addresses mixed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account and email addresses mixed up: Where can I start in explaining this problem?I have a old PC which works perfectly well with an unsupported version of Windows, but it's adequate as I only use it for personal file storage, general occasional browsing and emails using Outlook account address ending in -...
  9. PRIVACY VIOLATION: Windows Mail Exposes Private Information, by Mixing Up Account Names on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PRIVACY VIOLATION: Windows Mail Exposes Private Information, by Mixing Up Account Names on...: i use several accounts on Mail. Since a recent update, when i send an email from a Gmail, the human-name displayed on the received email is the human-name from a DIFFERENT ACCOUNT. Multiple accounts are getting the same WRONG name. It seems it might be Microsoft is...
  10. mixed up accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mixed up accounts: After recent update, my account (I am admin) and my husband's account are mixed up and tied together. The account with his name has my avatar and my email shown in settings. His email and mine are separate, mostly because he usually uses a gmail account, but any change made...