Windows 10: Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows...

Discus and support Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a friend who has two accounts attached to their copy of Windows, one is a personal account using a Gmail address, the other is a business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DobloDobsy, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows...

Hello. I have a friend who has two accounts attached to their copy of Windows, one is a personal account using a Gmail address, the other is a business or organisational account, administered by the organisation she works for. Both accounts are listed in the 'Email & accounts' section of the Accounts settings window. My client has tried to update her personal Windows Hello PIN from when Windows was set up, but since adding the organisational account, Windows is saying in the sign in options screen, that Windows Hello PIN is unavailable to users from this organisation. Yet when she logs into Windows, it asks for the PIN from her personal account. What is causing this to happen and is there a fix for it? She needs to use both accounts, but also wants to be able to change her PIN. Hopefully I've explained this well enough and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I've had a look around and so far I'm stumped!

submitted by /u/DobloDobsy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DobloDobsy, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows... :(

Zakin, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows...

1. Mixing personal and organisational accounts in Windows 10 preventing change of Windows... - Similar Threads - Mixing personal organisational

2. "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer: Hello,Yesterday, I re-signed into Microsoft Word using my university email, since its password has changed. I don't remember exactly what the box that was ticked was, but when I signed in it said something like "only sign in for this application" and I clicked the other...
  3. "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer: Hello,Yesterday, I re-signed into Microsoft Word using my university email, since its password has changed. I don't remember exactly what the box that was ticked was, but when I signed in it said something like "only sign in for this application" and I clicked the other...
  4. "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  6. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  7. Changing laptop setup from personal account to organisational account

Changing laptop setup from personal account to organisational account: Dear Community,I have a few laptops in one of our offices that have been setup for personal use. Mainly as they were Windows 10 Home computers. They have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, so I want to change the setup to organisational use so the users sign in with their email...
  8. Organisation and Personal PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organisation and Personal PC: I recently downloaded office word, PowerPoint, etc using my work email for office 365. It told me i had to change my pin so it fit my organisation's requirements. Is this the only thing they can manage, considering it is my personal laptop? can they monitor my activity?...
  9. Change Windows 10 from personal to organisation on all office PC's

Change Windows 10 from personal to organisation on all office PC's: Looking to change all our office PC's from personal to organisation. Is this safe to do and how do I go about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-from-personal-to-organisation-on/2aefae14-6b53-40d2-a329-96d724e0ee42
  10. Change Win10 ownership from Personal to Organisation

Change Win10 ownership from Personal to Organisation: Hi All, My organisation has received 15 new laptops which have been set up as personal devices rather than organisation. How do I correct this? I've trawled the usual Win10 forums for answers but have drawn a blank, I'm on parental leave in a couple of days so I want...