Windows 10: Mixing users

Discus and support Mixing users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; 1. When a second user is created and logs in to his account, all the applications he installed appear in the other user's file system and on the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by anotheruserName100101, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Mixing users

1. When a second user is created and logs in to his account, all the applications he installed appear in the other user's file system and on the desktop.2. The settings that the second user applies also work on the first user. Example: in cs go the system volume is changed by default to the volume of the game if cs go 70% volume, then the system will be 70. When you change this setting for the second user, the first user also changes.3. When the second user boots up, the first user's autorun is also triggered but not displayed4. If you log out via "logout", you get a blue screen video memo

:)

anotheruserName100101, Mar 5, 2022

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 5, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Mixing users

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Mixing users

1. Mixing users - Similar Threads - Mixing users

2. How do I open a .mix file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open a .mix file?: I have looked off and on for several years to figure out how to be able to just view the 3 .mix files I have. They are extremely sentimental to me and I would really like to solve this issue. As it was exclusively a Microsoft file type, there should be some way to convert or...
  3. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  4. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  5. Windows 11 is mixing up account settings between users e.g. desktop backgrounds

Windows 11 is mixing up account settings between users e.g. desktop backgrounds: I recently bought a new Asus zenbook laptop, which upgraded itself to Windows 11 pretty much immediately when I first booted it.I find that the three users who have logged into that machine seem to get mixed up - we keep ending up with the desktop background from another...
  6. Windows 11 is mixing up account settings between users e.g. desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is mixing up account settings between users e.g. desktop backgrounds: I recently bought a new Asus zenbook laptop, which upgraded itself to Windows 11 pretty much immediately when I first booted it.I find that the three users who have logged into that machine seem to get mixed up - we keep ending up with the desktop background from another...
  7. Mixing users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixing users: 1. When a second user is created and logs in to his account, all the applications he installed appear in the other user's file system and on the desktop.2. The settings that the second user applies also work on the first user. Example: in cs go the system volume is changed by...
  8. Mixing users

Mixing users: 1. When a second user is created and logs in to his account, all the applications he installed appear in the other user's file system and on the desktop.2. The settings that the second user applies also work on the first user. Example: in cs go the system volume is changed by...
  9. UK user with mixed up @ and " after last upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK user with mixed up @ and " after last upgrade: I am a UK user with a UK keyboard which now has these two characters transposed. How do I correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uk-user-with-mixed-up-and-after-last-upgrade/35552351-7ea0-4098-b215-36fac7538082
  10. User Permissions Get Mixed Up When Using Switch User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Permissions Get Mixed Up When Using Switch User: I am having a permissions issue when using "switch user". I have one account which is a domain administrator with full rights to most things on the internet (including yahoo.com). I have another account which is mostly locked out of internet access. If the non-admin employee...