Windows 10: mixing wifi and wired computers

Discus and support mixing wifi and wired computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drewge, Jun 17, 2021.

1. drewge Win User

mixing wifi and wired computers

Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a home setting?

:)

drewge, Jun 17, 2021

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 17, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 17, 2021
  4. pgoelz Win User

Wired PC shows in list of WiFi access points

I'm on the fall creators update on a laptop. The laptop is connected to my router via WiFi. I also have one wired PC on the network. I just noticed that the wired PC shows up at the top of the list of networks (complete with a "connect" button) when I
    single left click on the WiFi icon in the system tray to show a list of WiFi access points. This is new behavior (with the FCU?) and I can't for the life of me find any information anywhere regarding why the wired PC shows up. If I click "connect", the process
    simply stalls until I click "cancel". Is this supposed to be some way to enable connection sharing? Or an RDP connection?

Anyone?

Paul

pgoelz, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. mixing wifi and wired computers - Similar Threads - mixing wifi wired

2. Windows 8 and wifi dont mix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 and wifi dont mix: My husband was passed down an HP pavilion notebook w windows 8 and it was so slow. I did a reset and it seemed to work slightly faster and shows wifi connection but it doesn't actually go online. I did troubleshooting and it doesn't recognize the problem. I do have windows 10...
  3. Windows 8 and wifi dont mix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 and wifi dont mix: My husband was passed down an HP pavilion notebook w windows 8 and it was so slow. I did a reset and it seemed to work slightly faster and shows wifi connection but it doesn't actually go online. I did troubleshooting and it doesn't recognize the problem. I do have windows 10...
  4. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  5. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch: Hello,I have on my computer a wire network and a WIFI network and the two networks have specific IP not a DHCP.I use the wired network to connect to Internet and Intranet and the WIFI to connect a tablet to the computer as a controller for one software.The wired network works...
  6. Wired and WIFI network connexion on the same computer, WIFI do not start at Windows launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No computer detection on wired network

No computer detection on wired network: I have a household network that is hard-wired; the wireless is only for hand-held devices. I've been experiencing an issue lately where my wired desktop stopped detecting or being detected by the other computer and drive on the wired network but is detecting and being...
  8. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  9. Wired vs WiFi LAN security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired vs WiFi LAN security: I am having an in-house discussion on the security aspects of a wired LAN versus a WiFi LAN. I am told WiFi is insecure because other WiFi eavesdroppers can listen in and grab data, whereas a wired LAN offers full security against such eavesdropping on an in-house LAN. We...
  10. Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi.

Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi.: I have a friend that I'm trying to help get his Dell XPS8900 Windows 10 Desktop to connect to either WIFI or Ethernet. Both type of connections will not connect, seems to be some sort of DHCP issue at the computer level as it cannot get an IP address it seems. Both for...