Windows 10: MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

Discus and support MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arthur Wendelgass, Jul 30, 2021.

1. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work around has already been described here. I have the problem with a JavaApp: all attempts to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory fail. If I run the program inside the IntelliJ IDE, everything works fine. As soon as the app runs as JAR or wrapped EXE. It does not work. Since I want to give the app to customers, the described work arounds are not helpful. By the way, both mkdir and the Java app work fine if you create a su

:)

Arthur Wendelgass, Jul 30, 2021

2. Subfolders (of user created folders) are for what?

I can't save a Word Mobile Document to a subfolder, I created, in a folder I created. I'm using a Samsung Omnia i910. I did try restarting the device after creating the folders, but no luck.

If you would answer, the subfolders must be synced from a pc, my answer would be, 'Oh no, I don't want to do that now (now being a few months - my filing system is a summa). I do want a simple filing system, on my Omnia, for notetaking away from my pc, that
    requires a few subfolders.

I'm really lost. Again, these bugs are cancelling all my plans. I really need to save the Word Mobile document to a subfolder. Can someone provide me a workaround, enlightenment, etc?

war_sex_video, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Yakarup Win User
    Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file

Of course, I can normally create a folder on Documents, but when I try to use the mkdir command on Documents, it doesn't work. This is a problem because I'm unable to execute any commands on powershell for this directory. It's like it doesn't exist. Even
    though I cd to 'C:\Users\L\Documents' and open files using './' on powershell. But when I use mkdir on Desktop folder, it WORKS. It's like it exists to my eyes but doesn't exist to the system

MKDIR  and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... 94ea8fef-8a9d-4d84-9c20-d3cac1e5e1d1?upload=true.png

Instances of the Documents folder works with the mkdir, rmdir and npm install commands because it ACTUALLY exists unlike the original Document folder. ( shown on the 4th photo)

MKDIR  and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... e7b180cc-815d-4734-b074-cb848583e544?upload=true.png

The mkdir command works on other system files like Desktop or Downloads but never on Documents.

It's not only the mkdir command, but when using npm - Node Package Manager on powershell it even acts the same! Basically in the picture, it trys to create the package.json file but it can't because it can't find the folder ' ee ' even though its right there
    in the path? This happens to all the directorys and files inside the Documents system folder and nothing else. ONLY Documents. This is probably a question for Stackoverflow but that forum is more for coding problems than windows problems

MKDIR  and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... 60d824b9-ac64-47ed-b077-debe50fdeeb2?upload=true.png

MKDIR  and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... d83d73a6-6389-4d77-87df-1db1eeb3e87f?upload=true.png

I want to know how to fix this issue.

Yakarup, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Chdslv Win User

MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

How to delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive\Documents folder?

How to delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive\Documents folder?

I don't mind storing some files in a free cloud server, but that has to be done with my own free will. I'm not interested being patronised. So, I want this and other folder Pictures.

I know Microsoft might say, create a local account, but that's not the solution. The Documents & Pictures should be the user's.

Does anyone know how delete these folders, or how to unlink from OneDrive?

Thanks!

Chdslv, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

1. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder.... - Similar Threads - MKDIR JAVA APPs

2. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. Cannot add folders or shortcuts or anything in Documents folder under C:\Users\USER\Documents.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add folders or shortcuts or anything in Documents folder under C:\Users\USER\Documents.: Just recently, I installed Rstudio and was installing a package. However, for some reason, it couldn't install the package. It said that it couldn't find an R folder inside the Documents folder and thus threw the error. I tried investigating this and I found out that I...
  5. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder and automatically created subfolders: Hi all, In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these subfolders and sometimes I can't. However, whether I delete or move the subfolders, Windows will automatically recreate them in the...
  6. WinRAR cannot create subfolder

WinRAR cannot create subfolder: Strange one, never seen it before. I have a .zip file, which opens with WinRAR, let's call it archive.zip. It resides in a subfolder with all my other archives of this type, let's call it\zipfiles. I go to extract all the files in the archive, using all default...
  7. Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file

Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file: Of course, I can normally create a folder on Documents, but when I try to use the mkdir command on Documents, it doesn't work. It's like it doesn't exist. Even though I can type in the path and open files on Documents on powershell. But when I use mkdir on Desktop, it doesn't...
  8. Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...

Discrepancy between files displayed in "This PC/Documents/Folder xxxx and...: During a recent search for a file in my C:\Users\cbbw2\OneDrive\Documents\N1MM+\ExportFiles\2020 folder I discovered that all files after Feb 12 do not appear. After some searching I have determined that the missing files actually all files in the folder appear in location...
  9. Cant create folder in c:\users\user\pictures or documents

Cant create folder in c:\users\user\pictures or documents: I can't add a folder to the pictures folder or the document folder now. I was trying to import photos from my iphone, and it stopped. It wouldn't get half the photos and wouldn't create anymore folders. So, I went to explorer to manually add a folder, and this is what I get....
  10. Duplicate subfolders in User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate subfolders in User folder: Hi there. Have been working with Build 10074 for several days. Just realized yesterday that my main user folder has duplicate sub-folders (2 Documents, 2 Music, 2 Videos, 2 Downloads, 2 Pictures). They are the same size, have the same properties). Whichever one I delete,...