Windows 10: Mklink and software installation

Discus and support Mklink and software installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RBCC, May 4, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

Mklink and software installation

Hello all,
    I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to install the programs. Do I use mklink before the setup of a program or after?

John

:)

RBCC, May 4, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 4, 2020
  3. MDougC Win User
    MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, May 4, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Mklink and software installation - Similar Threads - Mklink software installation

2. mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  3. mklink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  4. mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How 2 remove a mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How 2 remove a mklink: how do i remove a symbolic link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-2-remove-a-mklink/98f98842-1760-4723-accc-10ec38dadc4e
  6. Mklink and software installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mklink and software installation: Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to...
  7. MKlink question

in Windows 10 Support
    MKlink question: I am Using Windows 10 Build 19592.1001, 2004. I am using mklink C:\windows\BAtc*s \ fred d:\app********\fred\sam <---do I have to create this directory or will it be created? John 153289
  8. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...
  9. Mklink issues, need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mklink issues, need help.: Hi guys, I'm running out of space on my SSD but I have an HDD. I'm trying to create an mklink for some video files in a video game folder and link them from the HDD to the game that's running on the SSD. However, when i create the link its giving me invalid error codes. The...
  10. Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install: Which phase of setup can I use mklink in during Windows 10 setup? OOBE? or a phase sooner? How do I run an administrative command prompt during setup. Thank you for your help! 145012