Windows 10: mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

Discus and support mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are created mklink batch file and installed to program files x 86 folder location. After installation two folders created in the particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SyedThanveer, Dec 26, 2019.

1. mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

We are created mklink batch file and installed to program files x 86 folder location. After installation two folders created in the particular location. But once restarted pc, the folders are not appeared in that particular location. so every time i ran the batch and installed the file.

we are facing the issue domain connected pc only.

And also tried to workgroup pc, the folders are not deleted.

kindly provide best solution.

:)

SyedThanveer, Dec 26, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Dec 26, 2019
  3. MDougC Win User
    MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, Dec 26, 2019
  4. mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

1. mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart - Similar Threads - mklink folders are

2. mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  3. mklink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  4. mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick access folders disappear after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access folders disappear after restart: In the last couple of days I've noticed that my most important folders, which I keep under Quick Access, have disappeared from that option after restart and I have to spend ages looking for them again. Does anyone know why this has just started to happen? I haven't done...
  6. Restarted PC and folder on desktop just disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarted PC and folder on desktop just disappeared: 1 year old Dell XPS 13. Had a folder with some pictures on the desktop. Restarted it and the folder is gone. Looked in the desktop folder in the profile directory and enabled show hidden/system files. Thing is gone. Tried ESUS and ReCuva and honestly, they just found unusable...
  7. Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents: If I created a acrobat dc folder that has a link to d drive. When I use the /j the contents of the directory remain ,. Is it to use del *.* In a batch file that is in the c:\batch\ *.* . Would that delete the link? Would the link still work? John 167083
  8. MKlink question

in Windows 10 Support
    MKlink question: I am Using Windows 10 Build 19592.1001, 2004. I am using mklink C:\windows\BAtc*s \ fred d:\app********\fred\sam <---do I have to create this directory or will it be created? John 153289
  9. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...
  10. mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    mklink folders are disappeared once pc restart: We are created mklink batch file and installed to program files x 86 folder location. After installation two folders created in the particular location. But once restarted pc, the folders are not appeared in that particular location. so every time i ran the batch and...