Windows 10: Mklink issues, need help.

Discus and support Mklink issues, need help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm running out of space on my SSD but I have an HDD. I'm trying to create an mklink for some video files in a video game folder and link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Btb7861, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Mklink issues, need help.

Hi guys, I'm running out of space on my SSD but I have an HDD.

I'm trying to create an mklink for some video files in a video game folder and link them from the HDD to the game that's running on the SSD. However, when i create the link its giving me invalid error codes. The link I'm going with is as follows "mklink /H F:\D2V C:\Program Files (x86) steam\steamapps\common\Destiny 2\packages" F: being the location of the moved files, and C: being the location of the game that's running. What am I doing incorrectly?

submitted by /u/Btb7861
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Btb7861, Dec 13, 2019

2. MKLINK not recognized

Mklink is not a standalone executabe, it's built-in to the Command Prompt (cmd.exe). It can't run directly from PowerShell.

So easiest thing to do is open an actual Command Prompt, type 'mklink' and you'll get the built-in help.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 13, 2019
  4. MDougC Win User

Mklink issues, need help.

MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Mklink issues, need help.

1. Mklink issues, need help. - Similar Threads - Mklink issues need

2. mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  3. mklink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  4. mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need help with this issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with this issue.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_JmartinezJ_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwj9k1/need_help_with_this_issue/
  6. Mklink and software installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mklink and software installation: Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to...
  7. Mklink and software installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Mklink and software installation: Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to...
  8. MKlink question

in Windows 10 Support
    MKlink question: I am Using Windows 10 Build 19592.1001, 2004. I am using mklink C:\windows\BAtc*s \ fred d:\app********\fred\sam <---do I have to create this directory or will it be created? John 153289
  9. Need help with an issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with an issue.: Recently I’ve had an issue where my computer isn’t functioning very well. I’m not able to open any applications but settings and file explorer, so my computer is pretty much completely useless. When I click on any file/application, nothing happens, and the computer reacts as...
  10. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...