Windows 10: Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents

Discus and support Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I created a acrobat dc folder that has a link to d drive. When I use the /j the contents of the directory remain ,. Is it to use del *.* In a batch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Oct 25, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents

If I created a acrobat dc folder that has a link to d drive. When I use the /j the contents of the directory remain ,. Is it to use del *.* In a batch file that is in the c:\batch\ *.* . Would that delete the link? Would the link still work? John

:)

2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 25, 2020
  3. mklink /D - symbolic link created but file access is denied via the link

I have been struggling with the EXACT same issue with mklink for months. Now it is no longer an issue and no longer errors out. Did the permission chain for mklink changed in build 14926???

For anyone that is having this issue, turn on Insider Previews get the Fast build. It should install build 14926.

I can now mklink /D, mklink /J, mklink file1 file2 without problems.

Can a Microsoft Representative confirm that the permission chains in Group Policy were 'fixed'?

Andrew T Finnell, Oct 25, 2020
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Mklink /j ,/d delete link folder contents - Similar Threads - Mklink delete link

2. Is there any significance in the difference between a symbolic link MKLINK /D and a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any significance in the difference between a symbolic link MKLINK /D and a...: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 I'm referring to links to folders.When I drop a file onto either, the same thing appears to happen - the file is created in the target folder.Should I be concerned that there is a difference in the two link...
  3. Is there any significance in the difference between a symbolic link MKLINK /D and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any significance in the difference between a symbolic link MKLINK /D and a...: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 I'm referring to links to folders.When I drop a file onto either, the same thing appears to happen - the file is created in the target folder.Should I be concerned that there is a difference in the two link...
  4. Is there any significance in the difference between a symbolic link MKLINK /D and a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting users folder in D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting users folder in D: I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created the USERS folder.I need to extend my C drive as I am running out of space, have done all the obvious things and cleared all...
  6. Deleting users folder in D

Deleting users folder in D: I have a users folder in C and D, I need to delete the D users folder but windows say there is a file in use in another programme. I have not created the USERS folder.I need to extend my C drive as I am running out of space, have done all the obvious things and cleared all...
  7. Can't Delete folder in D:

Can't Delete folder in D:: This is what happens when I try to delete this folder[ATTACH] And before you say "oMg DoNt DeLeTe WiNdOwSaPpS", this is a random folder in D: and not an important folder with actual files in them....
  8. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  9. update with no J folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update with no J folder: After the last update all contents of "J" folder are missing. Black screens periodically occur. Any ideas how to restore the folders' contents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-with-no-j-folder/398b728c-c64a-4d83-95a3-1f23fab86411
  10. Recover deleted folder and contents

Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...