Windows 10: MKLINK not working

Discus and support MKLINK not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mavigozler, Feb 10, 2020.

1. MKLINK not working

winver 18363.628

Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result

So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too (/h). The link is being made to a target on the same logical drive (volume). Drive D: is FAT32 and is a partition on an SSD physical disk with the C: logical drive (NTFS-formatted, of course). I see no indication that symlinks (soft or hard) are not supported on FAT32 drives

Code:
    :)

mavigozler, Feb 10, 2020
  2. MDougC Win User

MKLINK not recognized

I want to use MKLINK (in Powershell) to sync a folder to OneDrive.

There are many articles about using this is Windows 10.

But I get this message from Powershell:

mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How do I get access to MKLINK?

MDougC, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 10, 2020
  4. MKLINK not working

MKLINK not recognized

Mklink is not a standalone executabe, it's built-in to the Command Prompt (cmd.exe). It can't run directly from PowerShell.

So easiest thing to do is open an actual Command Prompt, type 'mklink' and you'll get the built-in help.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

MKLINK not working

1. MKLINK not working - Similar Threads - MKLINK working

2. How can I undo mklink?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I undo mklink?: Hello! I hope someone can help me "undo" somethinc I am currently running Windows 11 Home. Let's start from the beginning. I recently purchased a new laptop and downloaded a bunch of games onto it. However I started to run out of space on my laptop so I bought and installed a...
  3. How can I undo mklink?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I undo mklink?: Hello! I hope someone can help me "undo" somethinc I am currently running Windows 11 Home. Let's start from the beginning. I recently purchased a new laptop and downloaded a bunch of games onto it. However I started to run out of space on my laptop so I bought and installed a...
  4. Please correct a syntax error for dos command mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please correct a syntax error for dos command mklink: I got errors when I tried to create a symbolic link: C:\Users>mklink /J “%APPDATA%\Apple\MobileSync\Backup” “D:\iTunes” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. C:\Users>mklink /J “%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup” “D:\iTunes” The syntax of...
  5. Please correct a syntax error for dos command mklink

Please correct a syntax error for dos command mklink: I got errors when I tried to create a symbolic link: C:\Users>mklink /J “%APPDATA%\Apple\MobileSync\Backup” “D:\iTunes” The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. C:\Users>mklink /J “%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup” “D:\iTunes” The syntax of...
  6. mklink cannot create file already exists

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mklink cannot create file already exists: Just ran into a ""we can't sign into your account" problem due to some unnecessary update that has clearly messed up my registry. Anyway, I have gone down the duplicating and restoring to a new account. Again one step forward and three back. I heavily rely in mklinks They are...
  7. mklink cannot create file already exists

mklink cannot create file already exists: Just ran into a ""we can't sign into your account" problem due to some unnecessary update that has clearly messed up my registry. Anyway, I have gone down the duplicating and restoring to a new account. Again one step forward and three back. I heavily rely in mklinks They are...
  8. I can't seem to get this to work mklink

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't seem to get this to work mklink: I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware" With this line I get "...
  9. I can't seem to get this to work mklink

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't seem to get this to work mklink: I'm using 2 directories 1. C:\programfiles\malwarewarebytes\anti-malware 2. E:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebytes\antimalwRare I created a mklink \d "c:\programfiles\malwarebytes\antimalware" " e:\utilities\anti\malware\malwarebyte\antimalware" With this line I get "...
  10. Use symbolic links (mklink) to sync OneDrive, does it still work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use symbolic links (mklink) to sync OneDrive, does it still work?: I've been using symbolic links (mklink/d) to sync files in my computer to onedrive and it has been doing good. However, it didn't work a fee weeks ago and i've tried all methods, e.g. unlink to this computer and link again, check windows updates etc. But none of them worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mklink not recognized

2. powershell mklink not recognized

3. mklink not recognized

4. mklink : the term mklink is not recognized icloud,
  5. the term mklink is not recognized windows 10,
  6. mklink : the term mklink is not recognized,
  7. mklink the term mklink is not recognized,
  8. The term mklink is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
  9. mklink command not found,
  10. mklink windows 10 problem,
  11. mklink is not recognized,