Windows 10: mkv file details (frame rate height width etc)

Discus and support mkv file details (frame rate height width etc) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; they dont show in explorer... is there a way to make them appear?? 180300 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paascal, May 31, 2021.

1. paascal Win User

mkv file details (frame rate height width etc)

they dont show in explorer... is there a way to make them appear??

:)

paascal, May 31, 2021

2. In file explorer, Windows 10, I created a list of files with some meta data, Frame Width & Frame Height. How can I put that list into a notepad file?

Here are the field numbers for your meta data items:

314 Frame height

315 Frame rate

316 Frame width

To get them recursively into a text file you would need a customised. File Explorer does not offer such an option.

Frederik Long, May 31, 2021
  3. loungebob Win User
    1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv

and e.g. frame height and width are no longer listed for almost all mkv files and some mp4 files. strangely, some few mkv files work, though most dont display properties in windows file explorer since the 1803 update.

apparently this seems to be an issue looking at the threads popping up the last few days.

anyone an idea how to fix this for windows file explorer?

loungebob, May 31, 2021
  4. ssa-ed Win User

In file explorer, Windows 10, I created a list of files with some meta data, Frame Width & Frame Height. How can I put that list into a notepad file?

I have all my movies in a folder/subfolders and can get all the file names, Date Created, File Size and also meta data: Frame width and Frame height.

It's all list in the file manager window but how can I send the list with the meta data to a notepad file?

ssa-ed, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. mkv file details (frame rate height width etc) - Similar Threads - mkv file details

2. decrease height and width of task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    decrease height and width of task manager: HiHow to decrease the width and height of the task manager. Is it possible like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decrease-height-and-width-of-task-manager/3dd4ceed-456f-4807-9446-f5ddf04f4e11
  3. decrease height and width of task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    decrease height and width of task manager: HiHow to decrease the width and height of the task manager. Is it possible like in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decrease-height-and-width-of-task-manager/3dd4ceed-456f-4807-9446-f5ddf04f4e11
  4. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  5. frame rate

frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  6. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frame rate: How do i make my frame rate faster when playing games or doing work? mostly its games what can I do to make it better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frame-rate/1cb0d1e6-7340-4850-9ddf-a518d510098f
  7. stable frame rate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stable frame rate: while playing games the games sometimes slow down.example--racing games slow down and the cars become uncontrolable. Is it because the frame rate becomes unstable and if it is how do i fix it????...
  8. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...
  9. Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc: In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of the file 1280x540 etc is there a way to enable this in Windows 10 [img] Thanks 14376
  10. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947