Windows 10: MKV Files won't play in v1809

Discus and support MKV Files won't play in v1809 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so, i've noticed that v1809 will NOT play MKV files in VLC or any other video player. They work perfectly on my other computer which is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgkfan83, Nov 22, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

MKV Files won't play in v1809

Ok so, i've noticed that v1809 will NOT play MKV files in VLC or any other video player. They work perfectly on my other computer which is still running v1803. Is there a fix?

:)

vgkfan83, Nov 22, 2018

2. Problem with mkv Files

Hi,

Experiencing issues in playing mkv files after an update may have something to do with the video card driver. If you have another mkv player app or program, we suggest that you try playing those files using another app or program to help us sort out this
    issue.

If in case the issue persists, we suggest running video troubleshooter. Just click
    Find and fix problems playing movies, television, or video on this
    link.

You may also try rolling back the video card driver. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    • Locate and right-click your display adapter, then select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver option.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Arrakis9, Nov 22, 2018
  4. henasith Win User

PS4 external play options

MKV is a container format which can hold unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file, but PS4 can play MKV files with the following specification:
    • H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

Once the MKV you add to PS4 does not meet the above requirements, the problem occurs.

To solve the issue, there are many methods and here list two of them:

1. Handbrake is the go to free converter for video files on Mac.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Install it and then point it at one of your MKV files and convert to one of the preset MP4 defaults in the Handbrake sidebar. Under "Regular" you should be fine with "Normal" or "High Profile" settings.

2. A step by step guide on Does PS4 Play MKV.

The article introduces a detailed guide to help you solve PS4 won't play MKV issue.

henasith, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. MKV Files won't play in v1809 - Similar Threads - MKV Files won't

2. MKV file will not play on one PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MKV file will not play on one PC: I have three PCs with the same version of PotPlayer. Two of them will play a certain mkv file, one will not. All will play the file with VLC. All PCs are on the same Windows 10 1809 OS. All at the same patch level. I ran mkvalidator over the file and it says the "file...
  3. Playing HDR MKV files on a SDR display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing HDR MKV files on a SDR display?: Anyone know how i can watch HDR mkv files on my non-hdr display in windows? I heard the K-lite pack allows you to get the colors out of a 10 bit image on the player. I've also heard the same for the plex player and windows tv&movies app allowing tonemapping to get the color...
  4. supporting .mkv files

supporting .mkv files: Hello, I am an aspiring youtuber that does not have software and uses Photos. recently i have been using OBS studio and saw that Photos does not support .mkv fileswhat obs saves recordings as. I am wondering if you guys could start supporting .mkv files! -thirtymoredays...
  5. Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103

Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103: As per subject, I can only play some MKV files. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Couldn't search for some reason. I can play all files using VLC just fine. 140823
  6. Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv

Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv: Yes, it cannot play .mkv files. I am aware that they can be converted to another format but I simply dont want to. So my question is: Can I make it run .mkv? Or better yet - Can I make videos be played in an external program like MPC-HC for example? Or at the very least -...
  7. Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?: Why some .mkv file has no sound playing with Movies & TV or WMP? while VCL can play it properly? Is there another issue with Audio driver and Windows 10!?...
  8. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  9. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  10. Two major problems with playing MKV files

Two major problems with playing MKV files: Good day, I just noticed 2 major problems with playing MKV files using the native Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Pro x64 that I'm running. 1. I'm not sure if Windows 10 fully supports MKV files yet but audio from some MKV files couldn't be played with the Movies & TV...