Windows 10: MKV Video - I need help

Discus and support MKV Video - I need help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK this is really hard to explain. Last night I had a folder opened with some mkv files inside. I accidently pressed something on my keyboard and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JasonD33, Oct 13, 2017.

1. JasonD33 Win User

MKV Video - I need help

OK this is really hard to explain. Last night I had a folder opened with some mkv files inside. I accidently pressed something on my keyboard and now that particular folder has sort of made another folder for all these videos. I tried to undo and it does not work. I have moved the files out of the folder, deleted the folder and then recreated it, but it just puts it into this weird folder again. If I do not give the folder the same name, it will work like normal, but as soon as I name it how I want it to be named, it recreates the whole MKV Video thing again.

Things to note:
    If I click the folder from the file tree on the left it shows the folder exactly how it should be shown without this MKV Videos thing.

When I right click MKV Videos, I do not get normal folder options.

I cannot rename MKV Videos to anything else.

It is not read only

I can't delete it.

I can pretty much just open it to see the videos.

MKV Video - I need help [​IMG]

This is what it looks like before I go into the folder

This is what happened when I pressed whatever I pressed on the keyboard.

These are the right click options

And this is inside MKV Video

:)

JasonD33, Oct 13, 2017

2. I Want to nokia lumia but..........

I had no issues playing videos in the MKV container on my N8. All you need to do is re-encode the video format inside the MKV. Simples.

Ray Hipkiss, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Is it possible to play .avi or .mkv files in Nokia N8.

my E7 come with mkv video but if i try to upload mkv through ovi suit, ovi will not recognise mkv videos please can someone help me on how i can upload mkv videos in my e7 cos i tried copying it diret to my phone drive E but my phone will only play sound
    without stream

kingsparadise, Oct 13, 2017
Thema:

MKV Video - I need help

1. MKV Video - I need help - Similar Threads - MKV Video need

2. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  3. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  4. Dark videos when reproducing MKV files

Dark videos when reproducing MKV files: Hi. ASUS Vivobook PRO, IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, IntelR HD Graphics 630. Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2 Build 22621.2428. Drivers up-to-date. When I try to watch MKV videos on VLC, they look much darker than they should be. Not an application issue because I tried...
  5. I Need Help With Windows Video Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Need Help With Windows Video Editor: [ATTACH] I am having some problems with the Windows Video Editor! It says that these files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them. I have tried this on lots of different files and changed the file format and I still have this error. Can anyone help me...
  6. Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file: I downloaded a video file some time ago and have not been able to delete it. The only thing that happens is that a colored line progresses along the top of the window, I assume to search, but the file does not go away, and waiting for an hour never sees the end of the search...
  7. Can't find ".mkv" videos

Can't find ".mkv" videos: Hi, I am having trouble with mkv files. When I copy a folder containing ".mkv" video to my laptop, only the folder get pasted. There is no video in it. What is the problem and how can I fix this?...
  8. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder): Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI Anybody tried it yet. Cheers jimbo 126019
  9. Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?

Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?: Why some .mkv file has no sound playing with Movies & TV or WMP? while VCL can play it properly? Is there another issue with Audio driver and Windows 10!?...
  10. Video software to split MKV files

Video software to split MKV files: Hi there I've got a number of DVD RAM (Video-recorder) type RTAV files that I've converted to MKV on hard Disk. These are recorded as a continuous file . However sometimes I have 2 or 3 episodes in this file and would like to break the file up into the constituent...