Windows 10: MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro

Discus and support MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not able to edit Local Group Policy Editor giving MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro and also while launching local security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amit Kumar_101, Aug 27, 2021.

1. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro

I am not able to edit Local Group Policy Editor giving MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro and also while launching local security policy it's giving an error. I have attached a screenshot of both issues.Also, Administrative Template icon is not showing, and various settings under Administrative Template are also not showing. Kindly suggest some solutions in order to resolve the problem.

:)

Amit Kumar_101, Aug 27, 2021
  2. commonone Win User

MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) MMC could not create the snap-in - Google Suche

3) https://blog.multiplay.co.uk/2013/1...reate-snap-in-for-group-policy-object-editor/

4) http://computerstepbystep.com/group_policy_windows_xp.html

5) How To Fix MMC Could Not Create The Snap-in

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Cannot Initialize the Snap-In MMC Console

Hi Eric,

Your concern regarding Microsoft Management Console unable to initialize the snap-in is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the System Center Configuration Manager audience on
    TechNet. Please post your question in the TechNet System Center Configuration Manager forum. Your are free to join any of existing discussions, or post your question specific to your concern. The link is provided here:

Microsoft TechNet - Ask a question.

In addition, we found this article on our support site that might help you resolve this issue. Kindly visit the link provided here:

"Snap-in failed to initialize" error message when you open Microsoft Management Console.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Nick Dich, Aug 27, 2021
  4. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro

MMC detects error in a snap-in

Good morning,

It seems that some of you have fixed the "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in" by using the link shared by catspyjamas. I would like to give this fix a shot too but I want to make sure I really understand the proper steps.

It is my understanding that I go to C Drive > Microsoft > Event Viewer > Views. Right now in the 'Views' folder I have four entries. First is a folder called 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' which is empty. Then I have three of the XML view documents: View 0, View 1 and View 2.

I intend to copy the three views listed into a folder I will make and call it 'Event Viewer MMC fix' before I delete the same three views in the original folder.

Now for the heart of my question: Do I copy the 'ApplicationViewsRootNode' folder currently listed in the 'Views' folder and move it into my new folder with the copied three XML views and then delete it in the original folder like I did the three XML views or keep my hands off of it?

Sorry for such a detailed question but I don't want to screw up my computer.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro

1. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in in Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - MMC cannot initialize

2. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  3. MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC cannot initialize the snap-in: I can press windows+R and enter hit type gpedit.msc after that I can open any file it shows MMC cannot initialize the snap-in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in/e6a3d9d3-2e03-45ba-8c32-355042e4374a
  4. Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2012 R2 MMC snap-in unavailable.: We have Windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 setup. After recent upgrade to Exchange message queue mmc snap-in stopped working in Exchange Toolbox.See errors below:I have tried googling the answer but there is not much about this particular issue.Has anyone come across something...
  5. Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding User group to MMC Snap-in, Windows 10: Hi yall,not sure how to put this question, I'm a beginner when it comes to these things,what I am trying to do is to create a group that I will add my 2 kids accounts to and control what the kids are allowed to do when logged in with their accounts to my pc using group...
  6. mmc snap-in task schedular

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mmc snap-in task schedular: so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-snap-in-task-schedular/8b49a0d3-4a7e-4481-aec2-4aea5bf41f3c
  7. Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer

Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer: Hello! I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I recently started having problems with my BT headphones disconnecting every couple of minutes so I went to check the even viewer only to receive this message screenshot below. Event Viewer was fine about 6...
  8. MMC detects error in a snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC detects error in a snap-in: Howdy, I am running a HP All-in-One 23-g017c, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating system. A few hours ago I was trying to open my Event Viewer to check on something and discovered the following problem. I clicked on my Component Services like I always do. I then clicked on...
  9. MMC could not create the snap-in

MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...