Windows 10: MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer

Discus and support MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wanted to repost this question as I couldn't find an answer on the Microsoft site. When attempting to open Event Viewer the message MMC cannot open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarryNugent, Apr 6, 2021.

1. MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer

I wanted to repost this question as I couldn't find an answer on the Microsoft site.

When attempting to open Event Viewer the message MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc is received.

:)

BarryNugent, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Robfly Win User

mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

I tried the KB but didn't work.

I found this and it fixed my event viewer mmc error

1. Open File Explorer on the device.
    2. Navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views
    3. Backup the content of the folder. The next step deletes the custom views and you may want the backup to restore the views when Microsoft fixes the issues.
    4. Delete all View_X.xml files in the folder (it starts with View_0.xml and increments the number by 1 for each file).
    5. Start the Event Viewer after deleting the files.
    rob

Robfly, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Event Viewer freezes

Hi,

After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes.

I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property

there is no way to select anything within the event viewer anymore - Have to kill mmc via task manager and

re-open eventvwr again. Same happens with task scheduler but not with services!

Funny enough if I use an other user account on this machine then there is no problem at all.

SFC /SCANNOW did not report any error

Any hint most welcome - thanks

Viktor

MMC error after freeze of event viewer

The program mmc.exe version 10.0.19041.329 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance
    control panel.

Process ID: 229c

Start Time: 01d642357f4566ed

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe

Report Id: 2ec94094-3d8c-4af3-be9f-41c7fdce24f2

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Cross-thread

Viktor SCH, Apr 6, 2021
  4. debgram Win User

MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer

Event Viewer MMC error

Yes I have framework 3.5.1 installed and no that FIX didn't work. I did read that with the new windows 1903 there is an issue with the event viewer and their working on a fix.

MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer [​IMG]

MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer [​IMG]

debgram, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer

1. MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer - Similar Threads - MMC cannot open

2. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat: My PC seems to be working fine, i don't notice any problem.However entering to the event viewer i noticed is spamming constantly error 537:svchost 3820,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page Pgno: 12770, Flags: 0xa80a has been made error -351 for a B-Tree...
  3. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat: My PC seems to be working fine, i don't notice any problem.However entering to the event viewer i noticed is spamming constantly error 537:svchost 3820,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page Pgno: 12770, Flags: 0xa80a has been made error -351 for a B-Tree...
  4. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer

Windows 10 Pro MMC could not create Snap-in. Event Viewer: Hello! I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I recently started having problems with my BT headphones disconnecting every couple of minutes so I went to check the even viewer only to receive this message screenshot below. Event Viewer was fine about 6...
  6. Fix MMC cannot open the file virtmgmt.msc error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MMC cannot open the file virtmgmt.msc error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are see MMC cannot open the file virtmgmt.msc error message on your […] This article Fix MMC cannot open the file virtmgmt.msc error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. windows cannot find msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot find msc: There is a problem. 0x80002034 or maybe the last digit is a 2 ??? I cannot activate System Restore nor backup my System Windows 10 Pro 64 bit The system worked for almost a year and now it has a malfunction. Please advise...
  8. Event Viewer MMC error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer MMC error: MMC has detected an error in the snap-in & will unload it. I tried looking for solutions but none of them worked. I ran SFC, deleted the registery key, and nothing. Also says Unhandled exception in Managed code snap-in system. IO.IO exception. Any help guys? 134980
  9. mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10): On Friday 14 June 2019, after saving File History, I attempted to check whether there were any errors or problems. I got the error message "mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer". After googling and binging this problem I found that there have been many...
  10. Cannot open Event Viewer after KB4503327 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Event Viewer after KB4503327 update: As my title says, the computer just updated to KB4503327 and after that I opened Event Viewer and am getting "mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" every time I try to look at custom views Some help would be appreciated...